Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Director of Ministries to Young Families
Director of Ministries to Young Families
Langton, Ontario , N0E 1G0
The Mission is a rurally located congregation in the south-west of Norfolk County, Ontario. Our congregation, which has an average Sunday morning attendance of about 180 – 200, is making a fulltime investment in our ministries to young families. Currently, there are some established initiatives that the successful candidate would give leadership to and some initiatives that they would need to spearhead.
The Mission is a part of the BIC Canada which is a growing faith community – following Jesus, sharing His message, and extending His peace around the world. Our congregation has great representation in every age demographic with the biggest demographic being young families. Our hope is that an investment in this demographic will have a positive ripple effect on all other ministries that follow it. Some of the strongest traits we are known for is kindness, acceptance, and being “outward focused”.
General Position Description
We are seeking 1 Full-time position to provide pastoral care and spiritual leadership to our young families. This position includes work/leadership with our Sunday morning Mission Kids program, our Summer Camp program, and eventually developing a mid-week program. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will be required to submit monthly and annual reports to the church Governing Board.
- Agree with the Canadian BIC statement of faith and understand our denominational identity
- Post-Secondary education preferred in a related field of study such as a B.R.E
- Can demonstrate the skills needed to disciple parents and be a peer leader
- Have experience in leading an established program
- Possess effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Model the way
- Develop priorities, habits, routines and traditions personally that you want to see families adopt.
- Skills required: Discipline, boundary setting, and intentionality.
- Develop and implement an approved plan of care and guidance for parents
- We would like to see someone come along side parents as they establish family priorities, traditions, and routines and guide them towards being “Christ Centered”.
- Skills required: Spiritual formation, strong interpersonal skills, pastoral counsel and accountability
- Give Leadership to HSCP
- HSCP (Houghton Summer Celebration Program) has a long and storied history and has been a part of our community for decades in some form or another. Presently, it is a seven-week camp that starts in July and runs until mid-August. We see a need to bridge a gap between this program (which averages 50 children a day) and our congregation.
- Skills required: Effective communication, strong organization, team building, problem solving
- Give leadership to Mission Kids
- Mission Kids is a Sunday morning program that runs during the service. Children are with their parents for some of the service but then are dismissed just before the sermon. Average Sunday attendance varies but 20 – 30 kids from nursey to grade 8 is common with it swelling a little on special event days.
- Skills required: Teacher training, recruitment, strategizing continuity in the curriculum, team building and problem solving
Development of mid-week kids club during the school year
- As the primary responsibilities mature, we would like to see a mid-week club started. The Mission did have one at one point and we believe this is part of what it means to bridge the gap between our summer program and our congregation. This responsibility will not be a pressing issue right off the bat nor will it be for some time. This responsibility is something to be worked on together with Senior Pastor down the road.
Transition & Timeline
- The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to our area and live within a 25Km – 30Km or 25min radius of the building and start within six months unless negotiated.
Please forward a cover letter, complete resume, and the names of three references (one of them being a pastoral reference) to:
Ryan McNamara, Senior Pastor
The Mission Church, 1156 Norfolk County Road 28, Langton, ON N0E 1C0
The deadline for submission of applications is February 28, 2020 (or until filled). We thank all those applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 7700 ]