Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 3Y5
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience FOR a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau. We specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Manager of Strategic Programs
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Scarborough, ON
To assist in providing world-class customer service through the effective management of the Toronto Office (September-June) and the Resort Main Office (July and August), including overseeing all primary incoming communication with our customers, and ensuring that our office provides a fantastic first impression to all visitors.
Key Job Functions:
Oversee all incoming customer interactions to our Toronto office:
- Oversee and take all incoming phone calls and emails, ensuring that each customer is greeted professionally and is redirected to the appropriate person.
- Provide further assistance and information to incoming calls and emails that inquire about registering for our summer camps.
- Work with our Guest Relations department to organize phone coverage, providing assistance with schedule changes, program changes, add-ons to their program, etc.
- Assist our HR department by coordinating and scheduling all interviews for summer staff candidates, preparing interview documents and greeting candidates.
- Receive and reply to all incoming emails, voice mails and faxes in a timely and professional manner.
- Greet all guests who come to our office, ensuring they are welcome and comfortable, and notifying the appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Work on a variety of projects to organize, update and keep up with the general maintenance of the Toronto office.
- Administration such as updating and creating training manuals and supporting documents, additional reports and projects etc.
Oversee and lead our Resort office (July- August):
- Lead a seasonal staff of 8 in the Resort office, providing encouragement, direction and strong leadership.
- Train and equip all seasonal office staff in order to run an efficient and professional office.
- Build into and encourage the spiritual development of these staff.
- Oversee all incoming customer, vendor and visitor interactions ensuring they are welcome and comfortable, and notifying the appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Manage the distribution of communications with our guests such as phone calls, emails and mail.
- Manage our summer laundry and lost and found program for guests and laundry distribution program for guests and staff.
- Account for all guests on property coming to and going from activities at appointed times throughout the day and assist in our Emergency Procedure.
- Assist in helping our guests with guest issues, communication with parents and other various administrative functions.
- Manage the pick-up and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail from courier services and the Post Office in Rosseau to all guests and staff on property.
- Plan and oversee the smooth transition of our office move from our Toronto office to our Resort office and back at end of summer.
- Participate in/lead meetings as required.
- Assist our Guest Relations, HR and Summer Team with administration needs and various projects as required.
- Track purchasing and ordering of office supplies.
- Organize/update common areas in the office (redecorating, updating spaces, general fixes etc.)
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the Toronto office building and manage related contracts such as office cleaning and office equipment.
- Participate in all corporate events including Town Hall and annual Staff Retreat.
- Assist HR department in coordinating events for full time staff to build community, practice the B.E.L.L.S. and celebrate fun at the office.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team where needed.
- Personal/Professional development as required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google drive.
- University/College degree in Administration or Office Management is an asset.
- 1 to 2 years of administration/office experience.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Proven ability in administration, organization, time management and systematic thinking.
- A passion for customer service with proven ability in this area.
- Strong leadership skills to manage, inspire, develop and coordinate staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communicator both oral and written.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Ability to initiate independently as well as work effectively on a team.
- Passion for leadership development, spiritual development, and summer camp.
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
Essential Functions Required:
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff.
- Operate office equipment that may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work 8 hour days in a fast paced environment.
**Please note: This position is required to move to our resort location in Rosseau, ON during the summer months of July and August. Room and Board are provided.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 7714 ]