Manager of Human Resources
Manager of Human Resources
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y0J8
Focus on the Family Canada is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening Canadian families through resources, programs, events, counselling and more based on the Christian faith. Our aim is to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement!
Due to the growth of our organization, we are currently recruiting for the position of Manager of Human Resources to elevate our human resources practices as we grow. The position is based out of our head office in Langley, BC. For more information about us, please visit FocusOnTheFamily.ca.
About the Position
In this position, the Manager of Human Resources will develop, implement, and manage human resource programs and practices to advance Focus on the Family Canada’s vision, mission and values. This involves ensuring the organization is able to attract, hire, retain and engage a loyal workforce. The Manager will champion all aspects of the employee experience across all facets of recruitment, onboarding, compensation strategies, performance management and talent development. The Manager will revamp our HR policies where needed and provide regular reporting to management on key HR metrics and the success of the company’s people practices. Additionally, the Manager will work with the leadership team to support and enhance a thriving internal culture. The position is hands-on, broad in scope and encompasses the full range of HR competencies.
- Location: Head Office in Langley, BC
- Employment status: Permanent Part-time (32 hrs/week)
- Position open until: September 2020
- Start date: November 2020
For primary consideration you must be a well-rounded HR professional with a desire to initiate all facets of human resource management and people development in this dynamic, Christian and highly service-driven organization. You are required to bring the following to this role:
- Minimum five years of experience in a generalist HR management role, preferably in a customer-service driven culture, reporting to senior management. Non-profit HR experience would be a definite asset.
- Your personal values align with the Christian family values and faith-based work of Focus on the Family Canada. You must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintain a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current HR policies and practices that drive a healthy workplace through effective recruitment and onboarding, employee development, recognition, compensation and total rewards.
- Proficient in drafting and maintaining HR policies and procedures for use by employees.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees at all levels on a variety of issues from policy administration to conflict management and team building.
- Experience working with HRIS.
- Capable of assessing training needs, developing and implementing training programs, and evaluating their success.
- Tact and diplomacy required to maintain the utmost confidentiality of information.
- Strong analytical and administrative capabilities.
- Ability to initiate and lead activities/events to enhance a strong internal culture.
- A valid CPHR (Chartered Professional Human Resources) designation or nearing completion; a diploma or degree in a related field would be a definite asset.
If you’re looking for a place where you can dive deep into the processes and people of an organization and make a positive difference to the culture of a well-established, mission-driven charity, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive, friendly work environment. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume at FocusOnTheFamily.ca/Employment or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 7720 ]