Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Global Development Officer - GTA
Global Development Officer - GTA
As a Christ follower, do you love sharing the good news of the gospel? Do you love meeting new people and building relationships? Are you excited by the opportunity to actively participate in our aggressive growth plans in order to see God’s Word placed in the hands of people in Canada and all around the world? If you have answered yes to these questions and you want to be part of a fast-paced growing ministry - we would love to meet you to explore an opportunity we have available in the Greater Toronto area.
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an international organization of men and women who are passionate about sharing God’s Word. The ministry is transforming itself for growth and global impact. It continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the Word of God.
The Gideons International In Canada is a world-renowned organization established in 1911. For over 100 years it has been sharing the Word of God with the world.
The Global Development Officer is responsible for prospecting and developing relationships that aid in acquiring new donors and soliciting funds from new, existing donors, corporations and foundations that will meet the supporter’s philanthropic wishes and achieve the ministry growth plans.
Reports to: Major & Middle Donor Manager
Term: Full time
- Prospect potential donors, corporations and foundations
- Develop relationships with current donor portfolios to deepen and broaden existing philanthropy commitments
- Acquire, cultivate and grow new donors and foundations
- Develop and implement strategies that will open up new donor markets with the primary focus on multi-cultural sectors
- Steward and provide opportunities to engage donors so they grow increasingly committed to the ministry
- Solicit and acquire funds to meet annual financial goals
- Plan, participate in the creation of and edit personalized, compelling project proposals to various audiences
- Promote and encourage donors to participate in our Legacy Giving program
- Innovate - undertake research, analyze data and make recommendations regarding new opportunities and ventures which can enhance the ministry and which can lead to new revenue sources and increased giving
- Recruit, coordinate and participate in ministry trips with major donors
- Passionate about raising funds for the primary purpose of sharing God’s Word.
- Possesses the necessary professional skills and experience to promote the ministry to various audiences such as membership, Christian public, businesses and Foundations.
- Possesses the necessary highly developed interpersonal and relational skills to serve as part of a variety of teams, motivating each other towards common goals and mission, to interact and relate to the membership, and to foster relationships with outside associations and various contacts.
- Possesses the necessary written and verbal communication skills to dynamically articulate the vision of the organization as well as motivate and inspire others to participate
- Possesses the necessary skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems.
- Successful track record as a professional fundraiser or as a relational salesperson
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Personable, friendly and donor-centric
- Ability to make the ask and solicit funds
- Experience writing proposals is an asset
- Experience of developing and implementation of prospecting plans
- Familiarity with moves management and customer relationship management systems
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Min of 5 years experience in a sales or a fundraising role with a proven track record of success
- Experience in the multi-culture market preferred
- Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons I ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
If you are applying, please first complete the online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 7731 ]