Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Counsellor 1 (Intake & Case Management)
Counsellor 1 (Intake & Case Management)
Toronto, Ontario , M522H1
- Department: WFM
- Work Location: 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto
- Status: Full Time Permanent Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
Founded in 1941 as a non-denominational Christian ministry, The Scott Mission community is called to serve those who experience poverty; responding to spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of the vulnerable of all ages.
The Scott Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
Our Vision Prayer:
Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently undergoing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives in place: Increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians. We are currently looking for an adaptable Counselor I (Intake and Case Management) within the Women & Family Ministry Department.
- Diploma or Degree in Christian Ministry or Social Services Post-Secondary Education
- A minimum of one-two years’ experience in Christian Ministry or Social Services. Experience in Pastoral Care, Case Management, Behaviour Management, Crisis Prevention/Intervention, Program planning & facilitation with WFM target population (women & their families who are under resourced & marginalized. Senior & single women, newcomers, homeless women)
- Demonstrated understanding of issues and/or barriers Food Bank users face
- Demonstrate Assessment skills: Basic Needs & Food Security, Basic Mental Health/Trauma. Informed, Crisis Intervention, able to assess one’s capacity to cope within their environment
- Able to lead in Christian Ministry Services: prayer support, bible studies, pastoral care
- Ability to carry out work with integrity, respecting confidentiality of clients and donors
- Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal skills: emphasis on listening and humility
- Some experience and demonstrated understanding in Behavioural Management
- Computer Literate: MS: Windows 10, Office 365, Dynamics CRM
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, flexible, multi-tasker
- Strong Team Player. Proven ability and desire to work on a team
- Knowledge of Christian and Toronto social services and resources
- Driver’s License is an asset
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Second language an asset (specifically Mandarin)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide services in the following areas: Food Bank Intake, Case Management, Client Crisis Care (includes Behavioural) & Pastoral Care
- Support of clients & team in area of behaviour management
- Provide various Christian programs: prayer support, pastoral support, bible lessons
- Assist in special events, outreach initiatives and other support programs within WFM Ministry department. Participation in day trips and over-night retreats for our guests
- Work closely with and support the WFM team. Flexibility in working where needed
- Develop good communication with other internal ministry dept. & outside relevant partners
- Participate in weekly-occasional work at our east end Family Centre site
- Appropriate documentation of client notes
- Be available to participate in assisting in staff & client devotions
- Serving in a manner that provides people with dignity, compassion and generosity
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: Attention: Mélida Smith
Please reference Job ID: SM102
February 11 - February 25, 2020 (Interviews & selection may commence prior to this date).
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit www.ScottMission.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory references
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7733 ]