Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Toronto, Ontario , M522H1
- Department: Operations
- Work Location: 502 & 508 Spadina Ave; 1550 O'Connor Dr
- Status: Full Time Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
Founded in 1941 as a non-denominational Christian ministry, The Scott Mission community is called to serve those who experience poverty; responding to spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of the vulnerable of all ages.
The Scott Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
Our Vision Prayer:
Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently undergoing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives in place: Increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians. We are currently looking for a Housekeeping I Staff within the Operations Department.
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision Prayer, and Marks of the Mission
- Proven 3-5 years working experience in all around housekeeping.
- Is physically fit to lift 30 pounds and heavy duty cleaning.
- Proven ability to operate and maintain power equipment and machinery like automatic floor scrubber, buffing machine, carpet cleaner, power washer, snow blower, leaf blower etc.
- Experience in stripping and waxing, floor restoration, maintenance buffing and polishing of different kinds of floors.
- Experience with Safety Data Sheets and trained in WHMIS.
- Is flexible in a team environment and is a team player.
- Integrity and ability to work independently and in isolated area, strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and oral).
- Driver’s Licence is an asset
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve clients graciously, respectfully, pleasantly and in a dignified manner
- Complete vacuuming, carpet cleaning, floors sweeping, and mopping, washing floors, floor stripping and waxing.
- Common areas cleaning (Common Room, Boardroom, offices, Staff Lounge, Dining room).
- Detailed and sanitary bathroom, restrooms and shower cleaning.
- Spot cleaning walls, wall and window washing, dusting of computer areas, corners, blinds, and hidden areas.
- Reception, hallways cleaning, Stairwells and Elevators cleaning.
- Removal of garbage, wastes, recycling, etc.
- Disinfection of common touch areas – knobs, buttons, railings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: Attention: Mélida Smith
February 11 - February 25, 2020 (Interviews & selection may commence prior to this date). Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit www.ScottMission.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory references
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7735 ]