Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
markham, Ontario , l3p3j3
Markham Missionary Church is prepared to hire a Youth Director. The role is 20 hours/week and a mix of daytime, evening and weekend work. We are seeking a gifted and Spirit-Led follower to Jesus to work in our student ministries at Markham Missionary Church. MMC is a multigenerational congregation of 140 weekly Sunday attendance located in North Markham.
The YD (Youth Director) shall be a well trained youth worker, committed to Jesus Christ and to the ministry with young people and their families. The YD shall possess the administrative skills necessary to perform his or her duties as well as the interpersonal skills for working with children, youth and adults within the congregation. This role will require evening and weekend work hours.
The YD is appointed by the Elders Council. The YD will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will be a member for the CE committee.
- Has a desire, passion, and vision to work for youth and young people.
- Has exposure to and previous experience in leading youth in a Christian environment.
- Should gain certified ministry status as soon as it is reasonably possible.
- Become a member of MMC
- Should hold or be willing to work towards a recognized degree in ministry.
- Have a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or resident.
- Must be familiar with and competent at utilizing social media platforms
- Agree with EMCC articles of faith and Practice
- Oversee the spiritual growth of the ministry by:
- Involving each group in local, community and denominational opportunities to encourage spiritual growth, discipleship and servant leadership.
- Connecting regularly with students and parents
- Recruiting, facilitating and equipping leadership teams with resources for outreach and service opportunities, encouraging special events and creative ministry involvement.
- Coordinating promotion of ministry With office admin and student families.
- Attend and contribute to Sunday Worship Services at MMC as per their personal giftings. (i.e. Be available to help with children's church or helping to lead worship)
- In cooperation with the CE committee recruit and instruct lay leaders for the youth ministry.
- Provide shepherding care to students, parents and lay leaders
- Be responsible for his/her personal professional and spiritual growth.
- Initiate and support strategic planning for the ministries including quarterly calendars, goals and objectives, programming ect.
- Work with Jr and Sr High programs
- Available to assist with children’s ministries as needed.
- Available to assist with DVBC (Daily Vacation Bible Camp) in July.
The senior pastor will supervise and provide a written annual evaluation of the youth director to the Elders Council.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7764 ]