Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Youth Ministry Intern
Youth Ministry Intern
Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, self, the church, and the world. We do this together through our gatherings, our groups, our giving and our going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective; we group to put this inspired life into practice; we give to produce growth; and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
To partner with the Youth Pastor in ministry, experiencing mentorship and practical hands-on experience in a safe space, while being equipped for potential future roles in ministry. The intern will have the ability to utilize and develop their gifts and abilities and grow in their faith journey, with the hope of having a fruitful experience that will help discern their call to ministry.
We are looking for a high capacity part-time Youth Ministry Intern who will love the students at the bridge, is passionate about having fun and building relationships with the students, is looking to grow in their leadership skills, and wants to be challenged in helping creatively plan and coordinate youth ministry. The intern will help youth connect to God, each other and their leaders, and the world—so that they can be equipped to impact their world in Christ.
- Help cultivate and perpetuate a culture that values the students’ faith and inspires them towards spiritual growth
- Collaborate with the Youth Pastor to coordinate and lead youth events and weekly gatherings; focusing primarily on junior high and assisting with senior high
- Attend the weekly youth gatherings on Friday nights and Sunday mornings
- Act as the co-communicator teaching at the weekly youth gatherings under the guidance of the Youth Pastor
- Ensure youth ministry webpage and all social media are updated on a regular basis
- Communicate youth updates to parents on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with the Youth Pastor and the youth leadership team towards the fulfillment of ministry plans and goals
- Attend youth retreats and youth events; helping coordinate and lead events as required
- Other related duties as required
- Weekly mentorship and meeting time with the Youth Pastor
- Spiritual development with the Youth Pastor through readings/book studies, prayer, etc.
- Administrative and communication projects, as requested, as opportunities for growth and development
- Meetings with other pastors/staff as opportunity for learning and growth
- Ability to support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values
- A growing walk with Jesus and spiritual maturity to lead youth
- Knowledge of and the ability to model a life with a biblical world view
- Have or working towards an undergraduate degree or diploma
- Experience as a leader in a youth or camp setting
- A heart for discipling, leading, and serving youth
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth and families, both verbal and written
- Very good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, social media, database, etc.
- Very good administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, multi-generational context
- Self-starter with the ability to thinking critically, strategically, adapt and problem solve
- Valid driver’s license
This is a 1-year part-time intern position where the applicant must be available to work on Friday nights and Sunday mornings during youth gatherings and church services.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s); however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 7767 ]