Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Summer Camp Group Leader
Summer Camp Group Leader
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
An unforgettable Summer opportunity awaits you, if you enjoy working with children and youth!
The Yonge Street Mission is a Christian faith-based not-for-profit community called to demonstrate God’s love, peace and justice to those living with economic, social and spiritual poverty in Toronto. Our Summer Camp Team is seeking full-time temporary Summer Camp Leaders (8 weeks). The Summer Camp Group Leader will work in child, youth and community development with children and youth living in the Regent Park, St. Jamestown, Moss Park and Cabbagetown neighbourhoods. The Camp Staff will serve at one of our Children’s or Tech day camp + overnight camp week.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Coordinate, inspire and supervise children and youth at day camp and possibly at a 5 day overnight camp
- Aid in the planning and facilitating of all aspects of day camp and possibly overnight camp
- Provide leadership for indoor and outdoor sports, arts & crafts projects, multi-media projects, field trips, teaching, cooking and other organized activities over an 8-week period
- Engage camp participants to build stronger community, develop leadership skills, overcome social barriers and foster recognition that they have the capacity to improve their own communities
- Assist in integrating developmentally delayed and emotionally challenged children into camp programs
- Participate in the planning and implementing of a community carnival, a talent show and special events
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- Dynamic and enthusiastic, with a passion for and knowledge of children and youth from under resourced areas with experience in a multicultural multi-faith setting
- Previous camp facilitating experience (ie. group leader / director) is an asset
- Leadership and ability to motivate children and youth in a high energy setting
- Team builders, flexible, resilient, with a teachable spirit
- Able to work at overnight camp (one week – Monday to Friday)
- Media and Tech skills (ie. video / music editing, animation and coding) are an asset
- Creative thinking and skill to help develop and plan multi-media projects for children
- Patient, positive, hardworking, reliable with recreational & artistic skills
Submit resume and cover letter: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=21
Deadline For Applications: Friday April 17th 2020
Start Date: Mid June 2020
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 7822 ]