Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Operations Support Assistant
Operations Support Assistant
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y9E5
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with over 50 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult and children’s literacy programs, church planter training and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
BFM Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Operations Support Assistant who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The ideal candidate will have strong administrative and organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, possess analytical and problem-solving skills, appropriate decision-making skills, and be proficient in MS Office Suite. The Assistant needs to be passionate and have a serving spirit. The right candidate must understand the needs of an operational team, work well within a team, ability to lead coordination and scheduling of meetings and events, and have excellent time management skills.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include but is not limited to prayer at Mission Thrift Store events or at the BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Administration, Bookkeeping, Office Assistant or other relevant formal education an asset
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and editing skills
- Time management and organizational skills; ability to be efficient and multi-task
- Valid drivers license required to travel with the Operations Team as required
Demonstrated experience as an Assistant in a thrift store or other not-for-profit, Christian organization or retail environment.
The Operations Support Assistant will be working from their home which includes being self-directed and committing to work full-time hours. The Operations Support Assistant will be required to work weekdays, some weekends, and must be available to attend events as needed. Some travel is required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of BFM Foundation Canada, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume by April 3, 2020 by email to email@example.com
Full Job Description available upon request
BFM Foundation Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7825 ]