Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Director of Summer Ministries
Director of Summer Ministries
Scarborough, Ontario , M1C 2L6
Grace Presbyterian Church is looking to fill two Summer Ministries Director positions for this summer. This is a position for young adults (approximately ages 18 – 30). By God’s grace, the Director will lead, plan, organize and participate in the various summer ministries at Grace Church West Hill, demonstrate the love of Christ to youth and children while participating in the advancement of God’s Kingdom throughout the broader community.
Description and Expectations of Director of Summer Ministries Position:
- Work under guidance and supervision of Director of Youth Ministries (Youth Pastor) and Director of Children’s Ministries and ultimately the Lead Pastor and Session
- Work with a team of Camp Leaders and Volunteers
- Planning, leading and directing the church programs/ ministries and group activities.
- Working with Camp Leaders, the Director(s) will actively plan and prepare the various summer ministries at Grace Church: Soccer Camp (one week/ Mon-Fri), Drama & Arts Camp (two weeks/ Mon-Fri), Basketball Camp (one week/ Mon-Fri), Breakfast Camp (one week/ Mon-Fri) also, one clean up week at the end.
- Participate in Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Actively participate in and organize the summer ministries/ programs, Sunday services/ programs (i.e. church services, Family Time, nursery, Sunday School etc.) as well as Wednesday evening gatherings
- Plan and prepare arts & crafts
- Plan, distribute and assist with snacks/ meals for children/ youth
- Engage children and youth in various games/ activities and Bible lessons
- Seek to positively invest in the lives of the youth and children
- Provide supervision to children and youth
- Participate in staff meetings
- Be involved in the life and community of Grace Church West Hill
- Participate in Leadership Training Program(s)
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Has a living relationship with God as a follower of Jesus Christ
- Lives a lifestyle that models Christlike character to others
- Able to work well with others and as a team
- Able to patiently lead/ mentor youth/ children and works well with youth and children
- Good relational skills
- Punctual: arrives on time, able to manage time, complete assignments, adapt to various challenges
- Reliable, responsible, productive, trustworthy, able to work well independently
- Able to comprehensively teach the Bible to youth and children
8 weeks (June 21st – August 16th) at approximately 35 hours per week for $16.00/hr
Note: All hours of work and pay are dependent on Grace Presbyterian Church’s receipt of funds.
Interested candidates may send their resumes with a brief cover letter to Gaveena Navachandrabala – Director of Youth Ministries at Grace West Hill by April 22nd, 2020.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 7859 ]