Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Director of ChildCare
Director of ChildCare
- Department: Child Care
- Work Location: 1550 O’Connor Drive, Toronto
- Status: Full Time Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
Founded in 1941 as a non-denominational Christian ministry, The Scott Mission community is called to serve those who experience poverty; responding to spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of the vulnerable of all ages.
The Scott Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
Our Vision Prayer
Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently undergoing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives in place: Increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians. We are currently looking for a Director of Child Care in the Child Care Department.
- Have a committed faith commitment to follow Jesus Christ
- Regular attendance at a TSM recognized church or worshiping community.
- Comfortable and able to work with children, parents and families
- Able to articulate and share the Gospel when appropriate both to children and adults
- Leadership ability to lead day care staff in spiritual and operational issues where appropriate
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision Prayer, and Marks of the Mission
- University Degree
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education (with 5 years Supervisory Experience).
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in Early Childhood Education. Previous supervisory experience an asset
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Christian Ministry or Social Services.
- Familiarity with City of Toronto Children’s Services standards and best practices
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (English written & verbal).
- Proven administrative skills and budgetary management
- Proven conflict management skills
- Proven ability to develop child development plans
- Established CPI Skills or commitment for training
- Demonstrated understanding of Scriptural applications to children and adults
- Proven scheduling and staff management skills Demonstrated ability to lead smaller groups of staff, parents and families
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, manage and schedule daycare staff
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess and maintain the quality of the Child Care Program. Ensure appropriate, qualified staff are hired and proper equipment and materials are in the Day Care.
- Supervise the programs in all classrooms ensuring the AQI (Assessment of Quality Improvement) standards as established by Toronto Children’s Services are consistently adhered to
- Mentor and guide teachers and staff as they develop the weekly program plans for the classrooms
- Plan and implement agendas for weekly/monthly staff meetings
- Liaise with Provincial and City of Toronto Consultants when needed and during annual licensing visits
- Familiarize new families to the Centre by answering questions by telephone and in person, meeting with families who wish to enroll their children, conducting tours of facilities, obtaining required documents, introducing families to teachers, etc
- When appropriate, offer advice, support or counsel to families dealing with challenging life situations
- Build relationships and conduct meetings with the City of Toronto Child Care Service Consultant and Children’s Services Consultant
- Build relationships and conduct meetings with para-professional organizations including Association of Christian School’s International, Children’s Aid Society, The Creche, Association of Early Childhood Educators-Ontario, etc.
- Consult with the Director of O’Connor Family Centre during development of annual budgets for The Scott Mission and the City of Toronto.
- Help with all grant applications, payments and other financial aspects of the Centre
- Manage financial responsibilities including billing parents, both full fee and partially subsidized, keeping accurate records of fee payments, issuing income tax receipts to families, etc.
- Develop and update Child Care Department policies
- Update families of new initiatives, program, policies and changes in appropriate ways
- Responsibilities related to Child Care Program as assigned by Director of O’Connor Family Centre
- Build and strengthen relationship with community
- Collaborate with other departments and management to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: Mélida Smith
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory references
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 7870 ]