Executive Daycare Director
Executive Daycare Director
Kamloops, British Columbia , V2C 4N8
We are looking for an individual who is excited to launch a brand new ministry of the church that will minister to the families of Kamloops through a Monday to Friday childcare centre. We are in the process of undergoing a full-scale renovation at Gateway City Church to accommodate a brand new childcare centre. This is an exciting time and something that will affect the church and the families of our neighbourhood for years to come. If you have experience and training in childcare we would love to hear from you. Be apart of something that will shape lives for generations to come.
We are in the process of undergoing a full-scale renovation at Gateway City Church to accommodate a brand new childcare centre. This is an exciting time and some- thing that will affect the church and the families of our neighbourhood for years to come.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Gateway Children’s Centre Society in accordance to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director’s role will be to oversee, prepare and plan for the launch of the childcare centre in February/March of 2021. This will include developing the vision and protocols of the centre, hiring the initial staff, and advertising and devel- opment of the programs.
The Director will provide necessary support, resources, supervision and leadership to ensure the provision of nurturing care and education to young children as directly outlined by the mission, values and policies of the Society. The Director will uphold the strict compliance requirements of the BC Child Care Licensing Regulations.
The Executive Director will work to develop a strategy to minister to the families of our city and at the same time retain a strong connection and bridge for those fami- lies to Gateway City Church.
It is important for the Executive Director to be a part of the church as an active member, working closely with the lead pastor and leadership of the church.
Experience and Training:
- 5 or more years experience preferred working in a childcare centre or a related environment with a proven relatable culture.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and communicate effective- ly with staff, the church and pastors, parents and the children with respect, professionalism and patience at all times.
- Patient and adaptable, working in the childcare centre requires flexibility un- der changing circumstances.
- Education: ECE preferred but not required. A degree or training related to Child Development, Non Profit Organization, Education or other would be considered an asset.
- First Aid Certification required.
- Minimum of Responsible Adult Certification.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
- Physical abilities: must be physically able to manage a task load and partici- pate in all programming, education and activities.
- Provides supervision, leadership and support to all centre staff.
- Participate with the Board of Directors and Lead Pastor in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the or- ganization's activities.
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board, staff and church community.
- Conduct official correspondence jointly with the Board or on behalf of the Board when appropriate.
- Oversee the effective and efficient day to day operation of the organization. Review policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
- Ensure that personnel, clients, donors and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained. Participate in and lead monthly board meetings. Lead weekly or monthly staff meetings.
Program Planning and Management:
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Society’s pro- grams and services for ages 3-5 daycare, pre-school and after school care.
- Oversee the development of an effective website and advertising strategies.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s and church’s mission and values.
- Monitor the day to day delivery of the programs and services of the Society to maintain and improve quality.
- Develop a comprehensive annual budget
- Work with the Board of Directors to secure adequate funding for the opera- tion of the Society.
- Oversee the development of potential fundraising plans.
- Grant writing and government funding program maintenance.
- Ensure that bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Administer the funds of the Society according to the approved budget.
- Monitor the monthly cash flow of the Society.
- Provide the Board of Directors with comprehensive regular reports on the revenue and expenditures of the Society.
Human Resources (HR) Planning and Management:
- Determine staffing requirements for the Society’s management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the HR policies, procedures and practices in- cluding the development of job descriptions for all staff.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation regulations.
- Ensure that recruitment, interviews and selection of staff procedures are fol- lowed.
- Ensure that all staff receive an orientation to the organization and that appro- priate training is provided.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Coach and mentor staff when necessary using appropriate techniques. Re- lease staff when necessary using appropriate mechanisms with accordance to the BC Labour Laws.
- Monitor the facilitates and the smooth functioning of all aspects of the child- care centre in order to best serve children and families.
- Ensure licensing requirements are met at all times and facilities are well main- tained.
- Manage the hiring of cleaning and maintenance staff.
Between $48,000 to $55,000 per year starting, depending on experience and education, plus benefits.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com. We appreciate all interest in the role however only those parties that are shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Gateway Children’s Centre.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7897 ]