Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Worship Leader - Permanent
Worship Leader - Permanent
Innerkip, Ontario , N0J 1M0
The Mission of IPC and it’s Worship Ministry
IPC exists to connect people to Jesus and deepen their faith, so they can change the world around them. The Worship Ministry at IPC, led by the Worship Team Leader, serves this mission by faithfully and consistently leading our congregation to connect with God through music and corporate singing each week. We believe that corporate worship should be biblically based, Holy Spirit inspired, culturally relevant, engaging to younger and older generations, and more than just singing.
The goal of the Worship Team Leader is to lead teams that create a space on Sunday mornings where the congregation can encounter God, catch a glimpse of His glory, and respond wholeheartedly to Him both in the gathered church, and out in the world they live in.
- Leadership and oversight of four teams: Instrumentalists and Vocalists, Creative Arts Team, Tech Team, and Sound Team
- Worship Leading
- Responsible for planning and leading worship on Sunday morning via live attendance and recorded media
- To lead our congregation by being the primary lead singer
- To plan and lead other worship events as required
- Song Selection/Arrangement
- Choose songs for each Sunday to fit sermon topic (in collaboration with Senior Pastor)
- Select a combination of hymns and new music that will appeal to a wide demographic
- To arrange the “flow” and sequence of songs so that the congregation are taken on a journey of “revelation of God’s redeeming grace - response”
- To be continually, selecting, and teaching new songs that are good lyrically, musically sing-able, culturally relevant, and fit the theology of IPC
- Creative Arts
- As part of our vision, oversee inclusion of creative elements into our worship experiences including dramas, videos, backdrops and other creative elements to complement the weekly services in ways that are consistent with and supportive of the preaching themes.
- Worship Team Development (all areas)
- Provide musical, organizational and spiritual leadership for the worship ministry
- To give leadership to rehearsals/sound checks for each of the teams
- In conjunction with the Sound Team leader; oversee the scheduling and training of sound technicians and ensure quality of sound is consistent
- To build relationships with the congregation, recruit new members to the various worship teams, and continue to develop the skill level, attitude, and heart of the team as a whole
- Competent user of social media platforms
- Communicates with off-site communications person to ensure timely and accurate posting on social media, website, app etc.
- To be responsible for the financial oversight of the various areas of this ministry
- To faithfully operate within the approved budget
- Responsible for creating a draft ministry-specific budget for the following year
- Meetings with other members of staff/teams
- To attend weekly staff meetings, in person or via Zoom
- To meet weekly with the Senior Pastor to discuss service topics, elements and flow
- This position reports to the Executive Pastor
- Special Services
- To be a part of the planning and designing of Easter and Christmas services
- To lead our volunteer choir on such special services (if able to do so)
- To be available to play at funerals and weddings within the congregation if asked
- Such other duties responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with your supervising pastor.
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Skilled musician and vocalist
- Humble, teachable character
- 2+ years of worship leading experience
- Seminary education is an asset, but not required
- Tech Team
- Sound Team
- Office administration
- Compensation will be competitive and negotiable based on experience.
- Compensation includes dental and health benefits.
32 hours per week (permanent)
All applications will be treated confidentially. Only applicants considered for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 7908 ]