Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Youth & Young Adults Pastor
Youth & Young Adults Pastor
Coquitlam, British Columbia , V3J 3B8
- Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Youth & Young Adults Pastor. The responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of middle & high school programs (grades 6-12) and developing a young adults ministry.
- The candidate must have a love for God, love for teenagers/young adults, and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationships with Christ.
Who We Are
- We are absolutely committed to the good news that has come to us through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and deeply desire to see our surrounding community know this good news as well.
- We are a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, medium-sized church.
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations
- Create and execute a long-term vision for Calvary’s youth & young adults ministries
- Oversee the youth ministry at Calvary, which will include:
- planning and leading regular events and Bible studies
- teaching a youth class on Sunday mornings
- leading and developing a team of volunteer and student leaders
- facilitating a sense of spiritual community among teens
- connecting individually with teens
- working with parents of youth to facilitate spiritual and emotional growth
- helping prepare youth for the challenges they will face after high school
- Create, develop & oversee the young adult ministry at Calvary, which will include building relationships, leading and planning regular events, and equipping young adults for mission in their various contexts
- Participate as a member of Calvary’s staff team in weekly meetings and in helping set overall direction of the church under the leadership of the Lead Pastor
- Develop and manage a budget, submitted to the Board of Elders
- Work with local churches to plan & implement youth events, retreats, etc.
- Develop relationships and communicate with parents of youth
- Exercise other areas of giftedness (ie. occasional Sunday morning preaching)
- Must agree with Calvary’s belief statement
- Must have relevant experience in leading youth and/or young adult ministries
- Post-secondary education is required
- Theological training would be an asset
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus as Lord and Saviour and wants others to know Him
- Is a gifted communicator, able to present biblical truth in a clear and engaging way
- Is highly relational with a fun personality
- Is a self-starter, able to work without direct supervision
- Is a competent administrator
- Has a desire to grow the youth and young adult ministries at Calvary
- Is able to relate to teens and young adults in a meaningful way in today’s culture
Salary will be commensurate with experience & education
- Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background checks will be required
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7911 ]