Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Afternoon Mission Supervisor
Afternoon Mission Supervisor
Welland, Ontario , L3B4Z3
Open Arms Mission is a Christian organization, called to be faithful stewards of God’s resources to demonstrate value and dignity while assisting those living in economic, social and spiritual poverty.
Our Core Values
- Christ-centredness: maintaining Christ in the centre of all by focusing on communicating the hope of the Gospel through words and actions.
- Service: attentive to short and long term needs
- Development: empowering to reach toward personal potentials by showing respect and dignity as image bearers of God.
- Partnership: co-operating with churches, businesses, agencies, and individuals for the betterment of our community
- Discernment: prudently using resources that are made available
The Mission Center Afternoon Supervisor position is a part time, contract position for one year starting on June 2, 2020. 12 hours per week, 12:30 am to 4:30 pm Tuesday through Thursday with a rate of pay of $18.12 per hour.
Role and Responsibilities
- Weekday Routines
- Ensure each client is registered when they are given food and make “the call” on difficult registration issues
- Oversee the distribution of food to clients
- Support the work of the volunteers by responding to day – to – day requests
- Provide supplies to support the work of volunteers including protective masks
- Attend weekly team meetings with the Executive Director
- Stock shelves in the food room and move older inventory to the front
- Provide a safe and secure location for volunteer belongings
- Ensure that a tidy and uncluttered appearance is maintained throughout the facility and storage and warehouse areas by using the Daily Cleaning Checklist.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to maintain safety standards including but not limited to:
- Food Handling Certification
- First Aid certification and supplies
- General working environment accident prevention
- Work with Mission Food Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to keep freezer organized
- Putting donations in their proper place.
- Breakdown boxes and maintain the recycling area.
- Ensure the rotation of food items so that older items are given out first.
- Dispose of rotten or un-distributable items correctly.
- Recycling to be put out on the roadside on Friday AM and garbage is put in the dumpster
- Excellent work ethic, communication, and time management skills
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Punctual with reliable form of transportation
- Full G class license with a clean drivers abstract
- Able to lift/move up to 50 lbs
- Desire to support and promote our values and mission
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to Marty Misener, Executive Director of Open Arms Mission, at email@example.com by May 28, 2020. If you require a disability related accommodation during the application process, please inform us of your requirements.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 7917 ]