SCBC Summer Interns
SCBC Summer Interns
Scarborough, Ontario , M1V 4Y1
Vacancies: 5 Part-time Canada Summer Job Positions
Report to: Children’s Ministry Charge Pastor/Summer Children Ministry Supervisor
Job Duration: June to September
5 hours per week in June and September
25 hours per week in July and August
Purpose of the Job
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is hiring for Summer Interns for the Children Ministry Team. We are looking for passionate individuals who would like to further develop their leadership and administrative skills. The individual will be working closely with ministry leaders to provide support care for Families, Community Food Bank and SCBC’s Community garden. If you have the desire to serve children, youth and families with a passion for battling food insecurity and supporting the vulnerable and disenfranchised members of the community than this job for you.
The 5 summer job positions are funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program. With the new flexibility allowed in the program, we are seeking part-time employment within June and September, 2020.
- Children and Family Care Support:
- Plan and execute virtual programs for children from ages 3-6 and grades 1-6.
- Explore and launch various online platforms to increase engagement between the church and families with a focus on teaching parents about children youth culture through different tools.
- Plan and execute children and youth transitional support from elementary to junior high school.
- Partner with EarlyON to deliver online programs to preschoolers.
- Community Food Bank & Garden Care Support:
- Work in teams to assist the vulnerable population with the following tasks: grocery shopping and delivery, pick-up and drop-off over the counter medicine, online shopping and teaching seniors to use mobile phones, internet, and other social media.
- Assess and call the families, prepare food hampers alongside with other volunteers
- Assign delivery routes for volunteers and for self
- Conduct heavy administrative work and would also be a support to the work the Hunger No More (HNM) ministry is actively doing
- Plan and execute gardening schedules for harvesting, garden maintenance, garden expansion and coordinate garden volunteers’ schedules
- Explore and launch various functions to increase engagement between the community and the church garden
- May also assist in seeking opportunities to mobilize other neighbouring churches to increase their garden space for our local foodbank
- Plan and bring forward informational programs to the community to help address food insecurity
- Other Children Ministry or SCBC Support:
- Conduct research, and organize a preparation package for children ministry to assist with the re-opening of the church.
- Provide support with Children Ministry website development.
- Assist with editing and recording video clips and producing other online content to minister to kids and family.
- Support in social media guideline development and post-management with care, compassion & appropriate brand language.
- Conduct research and assessment on various social media platforms that will help increase our online presence and connection with the community.
- Accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, confessed your sins, and decided to follow Jesus.
- Sustained passion for serving children, youth and families within the community; Christ-centered and a strong commitment to God’s mission in a large-sized local church.
- Participate and contribute to our weekly team devotion
- Between the age of 15 to 30 years old, legal to work in Canada.
- Experience working with volunteers in a not-for-profit setting
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English are critical. Fluency in Chinese is an asset.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to set work priorities, good time management and is flexible with their availability.
- Experienced and willing to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills to Google Drive, MS Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices is preferred.
- Familiarity with web design and publishing is ideal
- Finish first year of University/college and above is preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is ideal
Deadline for Application: June 19 or until the positions are filled. Please apply online via: https://scbcevents.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/427227
For inquiries please contact: email@example.com
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7953 ]