Hamilton, Ontario , L8L 3A1
EduDeo Ministries is seeking a visionary and strategic leader to expand the impact of its vision and mission in the Executive Director role. The Executive Director must have a passion for the Kingdom of God and a solid understanding of how Christ-centred education functions to transform entire communities. This leader must have a proven track record of being highly collaborative and must possess specific skills in developing meaningful relationships with donors and other partners.
- Vision: Every community transformed by the Gospel
- Mission: To advance Christ-centred education for children worldwide
- Tagline: Education + Gospel = Transformation
- Three areas of organizational focus:
- Invest in Teachers: One-on-one mentorship, seminars, and workshops equip educational leaders and teachers with the skills they need to help students learn to live as Christ.
- Shape Schools: From restoring old classrooms to building on-campus dorms to repairing playgrounds - school construction projects make room for students to learn and the spirit to move.
- Support Students: Practical supports like bursaries, desks, disability aides and more ensure all children - no matter their situation - have access to a transformational education.
The Executive Director is responsible for strategic leadership of staff in carrying out the annual plan and current strategic plan as directed by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director also serves as the organization’s spokesperson and builds enduring relationships with EduDeo’s donors and international partners.
- Inspire staff to conduct their specific work in alignment with EduDeo’s vision and mission
- Serve as the organization’s spokesperson in promoting vision and mission
- Network and build relationships that generate significant donor support and loyalty
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Oversee, motivate and direct the leadership team:
- Work with the International Partnership Director on developing and maintaining solid global partnerships with Christian school associations and partner organizations
- Work with the Marketing Director in developing comprehensive marketing and communication strategies
- Work with the Operations Director on developing annual plans and budgets and overseeing the financial status of the organization, as well as being involved in human resources
- Travel within Canada, and occasional international travel
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and a Reformed worldview
- Proven experience in donor development is essential
- Experience in cross-cultural leadership
- Understanding complexities of International Development work
- University degree – minimum undergraduate degree; ideally a graduate degree (e.g. MBA, Master in Leadership, International Development, etc.)
- Minimum five years of experience in a key leadership position with competency in strategic planning and fiscal management
- Outstanding verbal and presentation skills to be an effective relationship builder and fundraiser
- Previous not-for-profit board experience
- High proficiency in MS office products
- Knowledge of Christian education would be an asset
- Proficiency in Salesforce would be an asset
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to BoardChair@edudeo.com by July 15, 2020.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 7958 ]