Bayview Kids Directior
Bayview Kids Directior
Thornhill, Ontario , L3T 1A7
- Date Posted: June 15 , 2020
- Categories: Team leadership, Kids Ministry,
- Denominations: Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Church Size: 1000 +
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Description: Bayview Kids Director
- Position Status: Regular Full Time
- Reports to: Ministry and Leadership Development Pastor
- Works closely with: Administrative support team and Bayview Kids leadership
Job Summary and Purpose:
Bayview Glen Church is looking for a gifted individual that will oversee and implement Bayview Glen Church is looking for a gifted individual who will provide leadership, administrative support, and direction for Bayview Kids (birth to grade 5). This individual will be a part of the Bayview Kids leadership team and oversee both paid coordinators and Bayview Kids Serve Teams (volunteers).
We work together so that everyone, everywhere can experience God’s love and His created purpose through Jesus.
By 2030, Bayview Glen desires to be a family of 6000 disciples with over 3000 in Life Groups and 3000 on Serve Teams.
Bayview Glen Church:
With deep roots in a rich, Christ-honouring history, Bayview Glen Church has grown into a thriving, multi-ethnic, and Christ centred community located in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area. We aim to create environments where God alone is the focus, people connect with one another in authentic relationships, and individuals develop into mature Christ-followers. We work together so that everyone, everywhere can experience God’s love and created purpose through Jesus.
In the past several years, Bayview Glen has grown from a church of 400 on an average Sunday to a church of 1300+ on an average Sunday. As a result, Bayview Glen has launched an additional Sunday worship service in order to accommodate attendance and has plans to launch a Sunday evening service as soon as restrictions related to COVID-19 allow us to do so. Additionally, we are launching an online campus this summer and are actively pursuing the opportunity to add a second physical campus. We are committed to aggressive outreach in our local community in order to make a difference for the Gospel.
Why People Work Here:
Our team describes the top reasons for joining and growing in the leadership team at Bayview Glen Church in the following opportunities:
- Contributing to a variety of projects that positively impact many individuals, groups and the Christian community as a whole
- Working with excellent pastors and thought leaders across multiple ministries who have various deep expertise and extensive experience within their field
- Collaborating as part of a supportive team of thoughtful, charismatic, and humble professionals
- Autonomy and flexibility within one’s work and development journey
- Playing a meaningful role in designing and delivering inspired events, programs, and services to shepherd and care for followers of Jesus
The Bayview Kids Director provides leadership and management for Bayview Kids Sunday morning programming and additional worship services throughout the year as needed (e.g. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.). The Bayview Kids Director is expected to create and maintain a culture of excellence in Bayview Kids. The Bayview Kids Director is expected to recruit, train, and mobilize Bayview Kids Serve Team members (volunteers). The Bayview Kids Director provides leadership, training, and support, to all Bayview Kids staff and Serve Team members. The Bayview Kids Director works closely with the Ministry and Leadership Development Pastor and is responsible to implement and develop programs for the spiritual formation of children as well as equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation is based on experience and includes an extended benefits and vacation package. Working hours will require working Sundays and some evenings.
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature Christian with a solid knowledge of Scripture and a desire to see kids and families changed by the Gospel.
- A gifted servant with a demonstrated ability to manage children’s ministry in a growing church.
- Mission-oriented, fully embracing the overall church vision, mission, and values.
- High capacity leader with demonstrated expertise in identifying, developing, equipping, and empowering emerging leaders.
- A capable administrator and manager who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced ministry environment with the ability to prepare well and make quick decisions.
- A person who can envision, develop, take risks, and independently execute plans with excellence yet can also function collaboratively and adapt as needed.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the development and implementation of authentic, creative, and engaging programs for children.
- Empathetic and inspiring leader with a high standard of excellence who is able to recruit, inspire, train, and appreciate Bayview Kids Serve Team members.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in related area of study.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years experience planning, scheduling, and leading a children or student ministry environment.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in a ministry setting.
- Proficient with computers
- Experience with Planning Centre Online or similar church management system/software.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) to provide exceptional care for children, parents, and Serve Team members.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in budget planning, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment and leadership of volunteer teams.
- Ability to lovingly resolve conflict and do initial counseling with families when appropriate.
- Ability to perform quality, detailed work with an eye for excellence.
- Ability to troubleshoot when complications arise and offer creative and strategic solutions.
Provides Oversight To:
- Sunday morning Bayview Kids Coordinators
- Bayview Kids Serve Teams
- To Ministry:
- Recruit, coach, coordinate training, and oversee the Bayview Kids Serve Teams.
- Work with coordinators to ensure that Bayview Kids environments are prepared and maintained for services each week.
- Maintain the Bayview Kids budget.
- Ensure that all Bayview Kids services and programs are Christ-centered, inspiring, safe, and excellent.
- Work with the Bayview Kids leadership team to plan and implement discipleship milestones as well as community events for families.
- Provide care to encourage, enable, and equip families to support the need of spiritual leadership within the home.
- Maintain the Bayview Kids communication and social media accounts coordinating with the Communications Director.
- Coordinate the curation of Bayview Kids core curriculum as needed.
- Work alongside the Youth Director to create a comprehensive discipleship program that encompasses all students from birth through high school.
- Provide oversight for additional events or programs related to Bayview Kids.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, prayer meetings, and Bayview Kids staff meetings as required.
- Lead and manage Bayview Kids Coordinators.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary.
- Maintain personal spiritual development and growth.
- To Serve Team Members:
- Create and maintain a culture of care and appreciation for Serve Team members.
- Help to foster an environment of ownership and excellence among Serve Team members.
- Provide training, leadership, and support to Serve Team members.
- Ensure Bayview Kids Serve Team and leadership development is healthy and growing.
- Work with Bayview Kids leadership team to develop and implement a creative, compelling, and empowering training program.
- Help Bayview Kids Serve Team members to recognize and develop their spiritual gifts as they serve in ministry.
- Maintain “Plan to Protect” policy and other safety protocols.
- Interviews with the Ministry & Leadership Pastor, Executive Pastoral Team, and is confirmed by HR committee.
- Complete a criminal background check.
Typical work week:
Sundays for worship services and office hours Monday through Thursday.
Please send a resume with cover letter and include “Bayview Kids Director” in the subject line to the attention of Dave Lewis at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 7969 ]