Pastor of Community Connections
Pastor of Community Connections
Thornhill, Ontario , L3T 1A7
- Date Posted: June 15 , 2020
- Categories: Team leadership, Pastoral, Groups, Community, Mission
- Denominations: Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Church Size: 1000 +
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Description: Pastor of Community Connections
- Position Status: Regular Full Time
- Reports to: Ministry and Leadership Development Pastor
- Works closely with: Administrative support team and Director of Community Ministry
Job Summary and Purpose:
Bayview Glen Church is looking for a gifted individual that will oversee and implement our strategy of missional leadership development in our Life Groups as well as oversee our Connections Team (ushers, next steps, greeters, parking lot attendants and security). This individual should have demonstrated experience in implementation of strategic initiatives, team building, training leaders and launching missional communities.
We work together so that everyone, everywhere can experience God’s love and His created purpose through Jesus.
By 2030, Bayview Glen desires to be a family of 6000 disciples with over 3000 in Life Groups and 3000 on Serve Teams.
Bayview Glen Church:
With deep roots in a rich, Christ-honouring history, Bayview Glen Church has grown into a thriving, multi-ethnic, and Christ centred community located in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area. We aim to create environments where God alone is the focus, people connect with one another in authentic relationships, and individuals develop into mature Christ-followers. We work together so that everyone, everywhere can experience God’s love and created purpose through Jesus.
In the past several years, Bayview Glen has grown from a church of 400 on an average Sunday to a church of 1300+ on an average Sunday. As a result, Bayview Glen has launched an additional Sunday worship service in order to accommodate attendance and has plans to launch a Sunday evening service as soon as restrictions related to COVID-19 allow us to do so. Additionally, we are launching an online campus this summer and are actively pursuing the opportunity to add a second physical campus. We are committed to aggressive outreach in our local community in order to make a difference for the Gospel.
Why People Work Here:
Our team describes the top reasons for joining and growing in the leadership team at Bayview Glen Church in the following opportunities:
- Contributing to a variety of projects that positively impact many individuals, groups and the Christian community as a whole
- Working with excellent pastors and thought leaders across multiple ministries who have various deep expertise and extensive experience within their field
- Collaborating as part of a supportive team of thoughtful, charismatic, and humble professionals
- Autonomy and flexibility within one’s work and development journey
- Playing a meaningful role in designing and delivering inspired events, programs, and services to shepherd and care for followers of Jesus
The primary objective of the Pastor of Community Connections is to implement our strategy of missional leadership development by recruiting, equipping and mobilizing leaders for the various roles within that strategy. The secondary objective of this position is to oversee our campus connection teams to create an embracing environment and a clear pathway for guests and congregants to connect with the BGC family.
Roles Specific Responsibilities:
- Weekly meeting with the Ministry and Leadership Development Pastor
- Prepare and deliver regular reporting to measure deliverables.
- Manage church budget for areas of responsibility.
- Manage and submit ministry expenses.
- Work with the Communications Department to create and distribute promotional material.
- Work with the Director of Community Ministry to coordinate events such as training or retreats.
- Life Groups
- Implementation of our Strategy for Missional Leadership Development (see document)
- Recruiting, mobilizing, ongoing training and caring for those in LG leadership roles.
- Developing alignment between groups in regards to strategy and mission.
- Fostering a healthy and missional group culture through the implementation of our BGC values and our 4 disciple-making practices.
- Campus Connections
- Implementing a strategic plan that creates an embracing environment and clear pathway to connect to the BGC family.
- Training, mobilizing and caring for those on the campus connections teams.
- Develop a healthy team culture by instilling our BGC values.
- Leading Sunday morning team meetings.
- Other responsibilities assigned at the discretion of the Executive Pastoral team.
Job Skills and Attributes:
- A deep, evident love of Christ, Church and Kingdom that shapes all aspects of their life.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission, vision and core values of BGC.
- A commitment to a life-style of continual growth in both character and competency.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven trainer and implementer of strategic initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable Bible College/ Christian University.
- Minimum 2 years of ministry experience with groups.
- Team building and leading experience.
- Interviews with the Ministry and Leadership Development Pastor and Executive Pastoral Team, and is confirmed by HR committee.
- Complete a criminal background check.
- Complete licensing process with the C&MA
Please send a resume with cover letter and include “Pastor of Community Connections” in the subject line to the attention of Dave Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7970 ]