Waterdown, Ontario , L0R 2H0
Rescued & Restored is a store in Freelton, Ontario that sells gently used furniture, household items, and clothing donated from the community to support the operating budget of Eagles Nest Association of Waterdown. Eagles Nest of Waterdown provides accessible services and supports to families in our community. Many of the clients have experienced trauma or loss. Staff and volunteers journey with clients, helping them discover their identity and be equipped with tools to build positive change and healthier futures.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a Sales Associate at Rescued & Restored. Along with retail experience and skills of a good leader, this individual needs to be passionate about working for an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of others.
The Sales Associate will be scheduled 2-3 days a week and work with other staff to oversee the daily operations of the store.
- Ensure store policies and systems are followed
- Help to open and close the store, ensuring security and safety
- Receive, organize, and sort donations
- Price donations according to established guidelines
- Operate Cash and complete daily accounting documents
- Work with volunteers during scheduled hours
- As needed, assist with coordination of donation drop-offs and purchase pick-ups
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Answer phone and email in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with social media and online sales
- Collaboratively work with staff to make improvements in sales and overall operations
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, & Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to confidently manage different social media platforms and basic functions of online shopify store
- Physically fit: capable to lift and move boxes/furniture up to 75 lbs in a safe manner
- Retail experience is an asset
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
- Position: Rescued & Restored Sales Associate
- Type: Temporary Part- Time Contract *contact ends September 5th, 2020 with a possibility to extend for a further period
- Location: Rescued & Restored, Freelton, Ontario
- Compensation: $15/hour
- Hours: 16 – 24 hours per week
- Start Date: immediately
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 7990 ]