Kelowna, British Columbia , V1X1Y2
Willow Park Church (WPC) is in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia. Our vision is to “see lives transformed by Jesus in the Okanagan Valley”. Our ministry approach enables us to have a large-church reach while holding onto our small-church feel, and it allows us to connect with people and introduce them to Jesus.
We are seeking a Web Developer with strength in media strategy to join our team and help propel our spiritual interactions and experiences, beyond our four walls, to the next level.
Your strength in media strategy will grow our local congregation as well as our online church and audience as we seek to develop greater online presence to meet our forward spiritual goals.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Consult with all stakeholders to develop and document website, content & media technical requirements
- Lead and co-ordinate in-house team to develop website systems, graphics, content, capacity and interactivity with the express aim of maximizing the message we send out
- Establish and develop successful partner and affiliate programs nationally and internationally
- Develop an e-commerce presence through the sale of event tickets, online church events and physical products
- Develop online platforms to establish and integrate online learning of the Bible to fuel the spiritual growth of our community beyond the physical walls of the church
- Develop website architecture across all areas of church life and determine hardware and software requirements to encourage growth in audience across all our channels and outlets
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test website-related code and content
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products, implementing any relevant solutions
- Oversee the development of content & media strategies discovering where our communities are engaging on social media and third-party platforms, sharing analytics and developing effective, tactical strategies to grow the platform
- Implement, optimise, schedule, and publish a full range of content across multiple media and social media platforms
- Oversee engagement, discussion, posts, and comments across multiple online channels.
- Establish and report on all analytics-based activities
Qualifications, Experience and Aptitude:
- Must have a bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications, marketing or business.
- Proven experience as a web developer and strategic lead, with experience of leading teams
- Proven experience developing and growing highly successful partner and affiliate programs
- Proven experience creating successful e-commerce websites
- Proven experience in developing online learning platforms and leading the strategic creation of all related media content
- An existing web portfolio
- Ongoing study of the latest advancements in online development and content strategy
- Very high-level project management skills
- Credentials in both web design and media strategy
- Strategic thinker
- Strong comfort level responding to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and always ready to tackle new challenges
- Highly organized, adaptable and administrative; high attention to detail
- Great communication skills and ability to execute with precision
- Love working on a team and a desire to constantly be learning
- Familiarity with the church culture
- Willing to embrace our faith statement, purposes and belief
- Have a deep passion for Jesus and his call to reach out to the community and the nations in promoting our statement of faith, purposes and belief
- Possesses exemplary character with good leadership qualities, team spirit and interpersonal skills
- Content strategies skills
- Public speaking skills
- Excellent Vacation package
- Excellent Extended Medical benefits
Apply by Email: email@example.com
Contact: Glen Madden, Executive Pastor
Salary: $53,000 per year
We welcome applications from persons legally entitled to work in Canada and whose qualifications meet the skills and experiences we seek. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7992 ]