Calgary, Alberta , T3G 2A1
Position available in Spring 2021
“making fully devoted followers of Christ”
Westview is a church with a passion to help people begin a life-changing journey with God, to grow deeper in relationship with Him, and to use their gifts and abilities to fervently serve God, the church and the community God has placed us in. Our mission is to make fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and our core values are described using the acronym SWORD: Service, Worship, Outreach, Relationship, and Discipleship. Our purpose and ministries are devoted to these 5 areas.
Westview Baptist Church is a congregation located in the northwest community of Ranchlands in Calgary, Alberta. We are affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. The church was started in 1977 as a church plant of Crescent Heights Baptist church. Currently, approximately 750 people of all ages and backgrounds call Westview their home church.
See our church website for information about our beliefs and ministries.
What are we looking for
We are seeking an experienced senior pastor in anticipation of the retirement of the current senior pastor in the spring of 2021. The senior pastor, the spiritual shepherd to the family of believers at the Church, leads the process for discerning and clarifying vision for the ministries of the Church and then provides leadership and supervision for its implementation. The pastor acts as a supportive coach and mentor to other pastoral staff. The staff team works together with all the ministry groups and leaders to carry out the goals of the Church. The pastor works closely with the Elders Board (pastoral focus) and works with and is accountable to the Church Board and the HR team, and ultimately, to the congregation.
- Vision and Leadership
- Preaching, Teaching and Pastoring
- Engaging in Public Relations
- Personal Spiritual Growth
- Developing Lay Leadership
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree such as Christian Education, Divinity (Doctorate degree preferred)
- At least ten years of related pastoral experience, including five as a Senior Pastor
- Experience supervising others and leading a team in a similar size of congregation
Demonstrated Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Eligibility for membership in the church
- Excellent pastoral and preaching skills
- Possessing the ability to support and enhance the overall visions, mission, and values of the Church
- Desire to love, serve and minister to/with people
- Ability and willingness to be personally and spiritually accountable
- Sensitivity to others, humility, and integrity
- Ability to effectively lead a team through leadership and encouragement
- Well-developed leadership management and strategic skills
- Well-developed organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and coach others
- Ability to embrace change
Compensation is negotiable and follows the guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canadian salary grid.
How to Apply
Send resumes and Ministry Information Profiles (MIP)s to the Church at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MIP templates are found at www.cbwc.ca/resources/careers
Contact the Church
Contact the Church if you have any questions or require more information.
1313 Ranchlands Way NW Calgary, Alberta T3G 2A1
Phone (403) 239-1114
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7995 ]