Marketing Communications Writer
Marketing Communications Writer
Burlington, Ontario , L7M1A9
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is looking for a passionate communications professional to join our team in Burlington, Ontario as a Marketing Communications Writer. This position supports the vision and mission of World Renew and the Constituency Relations (CORE) team by researching, writing, editing, and coordinating the production of communications projects that inspire, educate, and motivate new audiences and World Renew’s existing constituents to ever increasing levels of engagement. We're looking for someone who possesses a love of a language with demonstrated advanced writing skills, good interpersonal communication skills, and an ability to meet multiple deadlines.
Please Note: This is a parental leave cover, and the position is expected to last approximately 12-18 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Research, write, source photos for and coordinate the production of materials for Canadian churches. This includes bulletin inserts and other offering materials, materials for World Renew Ambassadors, and bulletin announcements
- Research, write, source photos for and coordinate the production of materials for marketing, fund development, and donor relations. This includes updates for donors; children’s giving projects, brochures, materials for the All Ontario Youth Convention, and other promotional materials. Ensure communication pieces reflect World Renew core values
- Manage editorial calendar for Canadian website and social media, ensuring stories are scheduled, written, and posted on time
- Write web stories for the Canadian website to ensure Canadian audiences are engaged with appropriate messaging and CDN program-related content is highlighted
- Manage recurring giving program content, soliciting and editing quarterly updates from field writers; coordinate the production and distribution of materials
- Research, interview, write, and source photos for posts to World Renew’s social media sites or in external publications such as The Banner, the Canadian Christian Relief & Development Agency newsletter, or blogs as requested
- Copy edit and provide feedback on stories and materials produced by other members of the Marketing Communications subteam
- Liaise with volunteer program, developing and implementing marketing and communications content
- Read newsletters and quarterly stories of transformation submitted by ministry staff; editing and repurposing for campaigns as needed
- Be an active participant on the Marketing and Communications team and contribute towards the creation and execution of an annual strategic marketing communications plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned
More details about this opportunity can be found on our website: https://worldrenew.ca/careers. Candidates interested in applying should do so online by uploading a resume, cover letter and completing the online application found at https://worldrenew.ca/careers.
The application deadline for this position is July 19, 2020.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 8006 ]