Three Hills, Alberta , T0M 2A0
We seek to love international students unconditionally, partner with local churches in leading international students to discover Jesus through the Word of God, and prepare them to serve God wherever He leads them.
The Newsletter Coordinator works within the Communications team to oversee the production of a 4-pages newsletter Doorways that is distributed (by mail and by email) to ISMC partners across Canada, the U.S., and internationally four times per year.
- Position Type: Part-Time or Full-Time, Partnership Development Required
- Location: Flexible, Canada
- Accountable To: Associate Vice President, Communications
- Personal & Professional Development
- Prayerfully work on keeping self and family emotionally and spiritually (marriage first) healthy.
- Establish regular times of prayer and Word study for God’s wisdom and direction in life and ministry.
- 3. Develop and maintain a team of prayer and financial partners for full support.
- 4. Engage in professional development/in-service training as needed.
- Newsletter Coordination
- Coordinate each step of the newsletter production to respect publishing deadlines in March, June, September, and December (4 times/year).
- 2. Establish a publishing journal to plan and organize newsletter content.
- 3. Communicate with the national and city teams across Canada to collect stories of students, volunteers, staff, or the local ministry.
- 4. Regularly read staff’s personal newsletters and find interesting stories to publish on the newsletter.
- 5. Participate in editing stories, and work with other editors to ensure consistency in writing style.
- 6. Work with a proofreader for a final edition of all articles in the newsletter.
- 7. Gather and select photos/images that best represent the articles shared in the newsletter.
- 8. Coordinate with a graphic designer to ensure the graphic layout montage of the newsletter and the mail-back slip.
- 9. Coordinate with the administrative assistant to maintain an updated list of partners for newsletter distribution.
- 10. Work with a printing company to ensure the production and distribution of the newsletter to all partners and staff.
- 11. Put together a digital version of the newsletter using MailChimp (or work with a graphic designer)
- 12. Maintain a MailChimp mailing list of partners and staff.
- 13. Ensure the distribution of the MailChimp newsletter by email.
- 14. Post all newsletter articles on the blog of the ismc.ca website.
- 15. Share each story of the blog on the ISMC Facebook page.
- Personal Character & Competency
- Growing in a vital relationship with Christ.
- Meets the leadership qualities of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Good Bible knowledge.
- Committed to the Great Commission and the vision and mission of ISMC.
- Understands the impact international student ministries can have in the world and is committed to empowering international students to impact the world by empowering staff.
- In agreement with ISMC’s Statement of Faith and ISMC’s Lifestyle Practice & Conduct policy.
- Exhibit an active and developing Christ-like character.
- Heart of a servant leader, able to recognize staff’s gifting and lead them toward their full potential in ministry and faith.
- Personal and social confidence with humility.
- 10. Attentive to details.
- 11. Exhibit unquestionable integrity, particularly in the realm of finances.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in articles editing, preferably in a non-profit organization or ministry.
- Academic and professional achievement, preferably in the communications field.
- Proven skills in project management, preferably related to the production of printing materials.
- Knowledge of the MailChimp e-newsletter platform.
- Graphic and layout design abilities are great assets.
- Knowledge of WordPress website development platform is an asset
- Proven success in Partnership Development.
To apply online
For more information
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8010 ]