Children's & Family Pastor
Children's & Family Pastor
Calgary, Alberta , T3G 2A1
“making fully devoted followers of Christ”
Westview is a church with a passion to help people begin a life-changing journey with God, to grow deeper in relationship with Him, and to use their gifts and abilities to fervently serve God, the church and the community God has placed us in. Our mission is to make fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and our core values are described using the acronym SWORD: Service, Worship, Outreach, Relationship, Discipleship. Our purpose and ministries are devoted to these 5 areas.
Westview Baptist Church is a congregation located in the northwest community of Ranchlands in Calgary, Alberta. We are affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. The church was started in 1977 as a church plant of Crescent Heights Baptist church. Currently, approximately 750 people of all ages and backgrounds call Westview their home church.
See our church website - www.westviewbaptistchurch.ca - for information about our beliefs and ministries.
What are we looking for
We are seeking an experienced Children’s and Family Pastor - ¾ Time, in anticipation of the retirement of the current pastor in the spring of 2021. This person is the spiritual shepherd to children (0-12 years old) and their families in the church and in the local community. They will be responsible for envisioning and leading the processes for planning, coordinating, and delivering learning opportunities for children and their families, with the goal of bringing them into a closer relationship with Jesus. The Children’s and Family Pastor acts as a supportive coach and mentor to volunteers.
The Children’s and Family Pastor works closely with the Youth Pastor to provide a transition for children into youth ministry, and to provide leadership opportunities for teens at the church. The Children’s and Family Pastor works as part of a staff team to carry out the goals of the Church. The Children’s and Family Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Encourage spiritual growth in children at the Church
- Offer pastoral care
- Recruit, develop and encourage volunteers and leaders
- Promote healthy parenting and family behaviours
- Ensure Summer Day Camps are offered over the summer months
- Reach out to community at large
- Perform administrative and other related tasks
- Is a member of the elders’ board
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree of Christian Ministry
- At least three years of related experience working with Children in a larger church
- Administrative and pastoral experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered
Demonstrated Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Eligibility for membership in the Church
- Passion and excitement for working with children
- Desire to love, serve and minister to/with families
- Sensitivity to others, humility and integrity
- Comfortable working within a diverse congregation
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Well-developed organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to motivate/coach/mentor others
- Experience with community engagement
- Willingness to support the overall vision, mission and values of the Church
- Successful record of commitment and follow-through in previous roles within Church
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to be a lifelong learner
This position is 30 hours/week.
Compensation is negotiable and follows the guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canadian salary grid.
Send resumes and Ministry Information Profiles (MIP)s to the Church at: email@example.com
MIP templates are found at www.cbwc.ca/resources/careers
Contact the church if you have any questions or require more information.
1313 Ranchlands Way NW Calgary, Alberta T3G 2A1
Phone (403) 239-1114
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8025 ]