Project & Administrative Associate
Project & Administrative Associate
Mississauga, Ontario , L4T 4H4
Project & Administative Associate / C&MA Development Department
To faithfully serve the Alliance family as we strive to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered and Mission-focused.
Summary of Part-Time Role
Responsible for certain project administration, learning and becoming proficient with the CRM platform, performing donor support services, making or receiving phone calls on the department’s behalf while providing administrative support to the Director of Development. The perfect candidate will be flexible, donor-focused, able to function in a variety of roles, have a wide range of experience and have a willingness to be trained on new software.
Duties include: design & implement processes that maximize the use of the CRM to develop constituent intimacy for all departments at the National Ministry Centre. Carry out donor-centric communication (both verbal and written) with existing and potential donors, project tracking using CRM and other programs, simple financial processing, and volunteer engagement.
Reports directly to Director of Development
Works closely with the following:
- Internal contacts: Communications personnel, Finance personnel, Global Ministries personnel, and other National Ministry support staff.
- External contacts: Vendor partners, staff in our churches, and suppliers of business services.
- Manage the Director’s calendar and travel itneraries
- Provide logistical support for Development department-led meetings: book conference rooms, order and set up refreshments, etc.
- Attend meetings and phone calls with responsibility for documenting minutes and follow-up / action items
- Monitor the donor services email accounts.
- Respond to general inquiries from the constituency concerning the Development department initiatives.
- Reconcile monthly VISA statements, and submit expense claims for reimbursements for the Director as per expenditure account guidelines.
- Submit invoices and coordinate vendor payments as needed
- File, maintain and cull departmental documents
- Relieve National Ministry Centre reception, as scheduled
- Project Tracking:
- Assist with and independently perform project management
- Follow up with all incoming donor calls and emails, redirecting internally as needed
- Follow up work with suppliers that we have projects with
- Update payment-gateway systems and processes
- Some financial record keeping, primarily securities transfers and on-line donation records
- CRM report generation and updates
- Help with collecting and promoting impact stories & videos
- Work with Communications department to generate promotional materials supporting Development projects
- Collaborate on brainstorming ideas, take initiative, and see internal projects through to implementation and amazing results
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and project support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a director with an extensive travel schedule, and supporting an office that interacts with diverse people and programs.
Competencies integral to the position:
- Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda (or instructions) from oral and written instructions in a clear and concise manner
- Able to use independent judgment and initiative in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems
- Able to discreetly handle confidential matters, while ensuring confidentiality, diplomacy and tact at all times
Demonstrated skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail, particularly in document review and data entry
- Analytical ability, including some financial analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and able to learn the CRM system
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- You have at least 1 full year experience working as an assistant with fundraising constituents
- Understanding of church or charity functioning
- Experienced with MailChimp list and CRM reports, mailing list setup, and creating simple donation acknowledgement letters
- Excellent phone/email communication skills: courteous, friendly, warm
- Strong communicator with good computer skills
- French speaking is an asset
- Excel skills a plus.
- Be a highly organized and detail-oriented person who always follows through
- Post-Secondary education; fundraising education is an asset
The environment we work in
The Development Department of The Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada promotes charitable ministry by encouraging and facilitating the planning and giving of donations to the mission. We manage a large pool of individual donations and contributions from 440+ Alliance churches nationally. Staff are motivated by faith and playing a part in supporting the growth of churches and bringing access to Jesus via the international workers (IWs) around the world.
This position is located in our National Ministry Centre in Mississauga. The hours are 22.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Notice of Accommodation
Please note: The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Sandra Browne (Operations Manager), at 416-674-7878 Ext.# 348 or by e-mail at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place if you are invited to interview.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8031 ]