The Evangelical Free Church of Lethbridge has recently welcomed a new Lead Pastor and a new season is upon us. The church now invites qualified applicants, with gifts in organizational leadership and system integration, for the position of Executive Pastor. This person will provide direction and oversight to all core ministry areas as we seek to passionately follow God and build bridges into our neighbourhoods.
MINISTRY POSITION PROFILE: EXECUTIVE PASTOR
Purpose: Provide direction and oversight to all core organizational divisions at the Evangelical Free Church of Lethbridge so as to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency in achieving our Kingdom goals and objectives.
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Reporting To Position: All senior core leaders (i.e. Discipleship Pastor – IN, Community Engagement Pastor – OUT, Worship Pastor – UP, Site/Service Pastors, Director of Operations, etc.), and special initiative leaders as required.
Education and Qualifications
- A person of deep faith, Godly wisdom and courage, and a biblical leader with the characteristics described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership, Business Administration, or Commerce. Alternately, progressive experience in organizational leadership and management in a business, organization, or large church.
- Complementary gifting to the Lead Pastor.
- Effective as a team player and leader.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building and leading a large senior staff team.
- Models a servant leadership style.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Evangelical Free Church of Lethbridge.
- Appropriate pastoral credentialing with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, or willingness to engage with the denomination.
- Commitment to the empowerment and equipping of lay people to lead our ministries.
Experience, Abilities, and Skills Required
- 12–15 years of providing corporate or divisional leadership in a business, organization, or large church.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of management and leadership principles.
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and implement effective operating processes and procedures (i.e. a systems thinker).
- Gifted in organizational leadership and skilled in implementation and integration.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize work tasks across a diverse set of people.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Committed to exhibiting a positive attitude and living a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- Ability to work with and lead volunteers.
- Spiritual gifts in the areas of leadership, discernment, and administration.
- A clear testimony of seeking God and living according to principles of biblical character.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
1. Live an exemplary life as a disciple of Christ who seeks to hear God’s voice, obey, and teach others to do the same.
2. Formulate a process for integration and development of the Evangelical Free Church of Lethbridge’s strategic direction. Work closely with the Lead Pastor to translate our vision into reality.
- Assist the Lead Pastor to fulfill his call efficiently and effectively.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in the development and fulfillment of strategic endeavors.
- Assist the Lead Pastor with global church initiatives and assume operational oversight for initiatives.
- Move to a highly integrated plan across all divisions.
- Confirm that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization.
3. Lead and shepherd the church staff through senior team leaders. The team leaders will include all core divisional ministry areas (i.e. 4–6 divisions).
- Model a coaching/supervisory style that draws people closer to Christ and creates unity toward our vision.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and management of divisional staff.
- Provide or ensure opportunities for new staff orientation/training and professional development of existing staff.
- Contribute towards the development of a culture that reflects biblical community.
4. Oversee the development of staff and lay Ministry Action Plans and the alignment of all the divisions (UP-IN-OUT) to E-Free’s overall mission, vision, values, and strategy.
- Dependably demonstrate a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Establish reporting systems that enable accurate monitoring and evaluation of ministry effectiveness. Aid in developing and maintaining a scorecard of effectiveness.
- Oversee the development and implementation of organizational and ministry budgets.
- Oversee personnel officer, property stewardship team, and finance team.
5. Assist the Lead Pastor in the development of the agendas and leadership of the Lead Team and Staff Team.
- Ensure that the activities of the meetings are tracked and decisions are implemented.
- Ensure that the overall ministry is progressing according to plan.
- Function as primary point person in the Lead Pastor’s absence and disciple others to do the same within theirreporting structures.
6. Ensure and oversee human resource systems for all personnel.
- Foster a synergistic relationship with the staff towards the maximum contribution of each member in accordance with their spiritual gifts and abilities.
- Promote the effectiveness, efficiency, and fulfillment of the staff leadership.
- Assure that specific position descriptions, performance criterion, procedures for performance reviews, and staff policies are in place and operational.
- Work with the Director of Operations to implement staffing policies.
- Ensure staff performance matters are dealt with, improvements assured, and results accounted for. Present recommendations for terminations to the Lead Pastor for endorsement by the Board.
- Resolve conflict effectively. Adept at recognizing the real problem, calling it out, and solving issues in a practical and healthy manner.
7. Serve the church by coordinating your unique gifts, abilities, and passions with those of our existing staff and lay leaders to meet E-Free’s diverse ministry needs and opportunities inside and outside the church.
- Represent staff as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Develop and release personal spiritual gifting through ministry within an overall plan.
- Model an evangelistic lifestyle.
- Contribute to spiritual discipleship of key lay leaders.
- Represent the church on outside committees and task forces.
If, after prayerful consideration, you feel called to this position then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send the following in PDF format to the private and confidential email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Executive Pastor’:
- A cover letter expressing why you are interested and how your experiences have prepared you for this ministry
- Your comprehensive resume
- Your faith story
- Your philosophy of ministry
Applications received until August 31, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8043 ]