Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
Langley, British Columbia , V3A 3L7
Do you enjoy seeing students and young adults develop as disciples who are seeking to follow Jesus in all aspects of their lives and joining God in restoring all things. Do you excel in developing a team of leaders who build into the lives of students? Then this full-time Pastor of Youth and Young Adults role might be a great opportunity for you.
Candidates must be eligible to legally work in Canada and affirm our statement of faith. For more information on the Job Description and how to apply, please visit: http://townandfield.ca/hiring/
All applicants need to submit a Cover Letter, Resume (with References) as one attachment to Clement@townandfield.ca. The application deadline is August 15, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
The purpose of the Youth + Young Adults Ministries is to develop a movement of disciples who are seeking to follow Jesus in all aspects of their lives and joining God in restoring all things.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults, while contributing to the overall team-based leadership of the church, serves as the primary leader/shepherd and chief architect for effectively ministering to and engaging middle-school, high-school and post-high school students at Town + Field Church and the surrounding community in the vision and mission of the church.
Key Job Functions:
- Strategic Leadership
- Shape the culture and future of middle school, high school, and young adult ministries through vision, strategic planning, model development, effectiveness assessment and developing new approaches to accomplish the mission
- Collaborate with the staff team on overall vision, strategy and budgeting
- Develop goals, strategic priorities and plans for Youth and Young Adult Ministries
- Envision and strive to create a culture of advancement and innovation
- Be a high-capacity leader who excels at empowering leaders of leaders
- Leadership Development
- Identify, recruit and mentor leaders for Middle, High School, and Young Adult ministries. Establish a strong identity and community among leaders and volunteers.
- Engage students and young adults to identify areas of gifting and serve within and outside the church.
- Gospel Discipleship
- Ensure the thriving discipleship of the next generation through the teaching of Scripture, community, serving, missional living and more.
- Prioritize the development and advancement of local and global evangelistic initiatives as we seek to impact and mobilize the next generation.
- Cultivate robust relationships, communication, and partnership with parents/caregivers in the discipleship of their kids and care of their families.
- Facilitate milestone celebrations for the discipleship pathway of youth and young adults (graduations, baptism, etc.)
- Operational Oversight
- Ensure administrative excellence, budget management and effective resource allocation and stewardship.
- Safety and Protection
- Ensure protection policies are continuously examined, improved, and adhered to across the Middle School, High School, and Young Adult ministries.
- Coordinate protection training and orientation for all Volunteers and Leaders within Middle School, High School, and Young Adult ministries.
- Experiences & Environments
- Craft dynamic experiences, programming and physical spaces for youth and young adults ministries.
To successfully fulfill the role, the The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults directly interacts with the Lead Pastor, the senior staff, other church staff, and ultimately interacts with youth, parents, young adults, and volunteers of the Youth and Young Adults Ministry.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults reports and is accountable to the Lead Pastor. They provide leadership to Middle School, High School, and Young Adult staff, leaders, and volunteers and are the key contact for Middle & High School parents.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults, in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and senior staff, is responsible for developing the strategy to implement the church vision and mission among our youth, young adults, and parents.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults is a full time (40+ hours per week) position primarily working from a workspace at the church.
The environment is fast paced with multiple conflicting deadlines and significant consultation/collaboration with the senior staff team.
The role requires ongoing physical activity including lifting items up to 50 lbs. recreation activity with youth, climbing stairs, etc.
The role is expected to be available and actively participate in the Sunday morning Middle School programming while having the opportunity to regularly attend one of the services. They are also expected to participate in our annual summer camp program and Big Day family events (e.g. Easter, Fall Kick Off, Trunk or Treat, Christmas Eve)
Local travel may be required occasionally to attend out-of-office meetings and events.
Training, Experience, Competencies, & Characteristics:
- Education and Training:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in youth ministry, youth work, education, etc.
- Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years full-time experience in a youth development preferred
- Demonstrated experience in developing healthy leaders and volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading strategy in a team environment
- Competencies [demonstrated knowledge, skills/abilities]:
- Able to build a team that leads and executes Youth and Young Adult Ministry by inspiring others to serve
- Driven to create fun inspiring environments for youth to learn about and experience Jesus
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be a leader of their child’s spiritual development
- Knowledge of appropriate parenting and counselling resources, ability to make appropriate referrals
- A strong communicator who listens well
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the organization
- Able to contextualize a broader church strategy and mission to a youth ministry environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, G-Suite applications (G-mail, Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Proficient with email and other text-based communication mediums
- Personal Characteristics:
- Seen as understanding and compassionate to parenting and family realities
- Adaptable and agile while remaining focused on long-term goal vision
- Open to new ideas and approaches. Comfortably handles risk/uncertainty/change
- Projects energy and an evident love for children
- Spiritual Characteristics
- Places a priority on discipleship – within their own lives along with evidence of concern and practice in equipping youth to grow in faith
- A heart of prayer
- Seeks to listen and respond to the Holy Spirit's leading
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults is required to sign and comply with the Town + Field Statement of Faith, Lifestyle Agreement and Leadership Commitment [see Appendices].
Town + Field Church offers team members a competitive salary and employment benefits package based on qualifications. Town + Field Church is committed to supporting and encouraging its team members and recognizes the need for appropriate self-care and a work-pace that is sustainable for long term ministry.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8063 ]