Waterdown, Ontario , L0R 2H0
Position: Store Manager Type: Full Time
Location: Rescued & Restored, Freelton Compensation TBD
Hours: 32 hours per week Start Date: September 2020
For more than 15 years Eagles Nest Association of Waterdown has been positively impacting families in our community with compassion and practical support. Currently Eagles Nest operates two divisions: HOPE Centre and Rescued & Restored.
The HOPE Centre (Home of Practical Education) provides a supportive environment where people are equipped to achieve positive change and build healthy communities. Staff and volunteers support individuals and families in valuing themselves, cultivating healthy relationships, learning how to communicate and navigating through trauma or difficult circumstances. We offer counselling, coaching, support groups and programs to children, youth and adults. Our services are free or at minimal cost making them accessible to everyone.
Rescued & Restored is a thrift store that sells gently used furniture, household items, and clothing donated from the community. All the proceeds from the store support the operating budget of Eagles Nest charity, making it possible to offer our services and supports to families.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a Store Manager at Rescued & Restored. Along with retail and marketing experience, this individual needs to be a motivating leader who is passionate about working for an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of others.
The Store Manager will be scheduled to work 3 days in the store, alongside other staff and volunteers. The remaining 8 hours will be from home or Eagles Nest offices and used to complete a variety of administrative tasks including developing marketing strategies, scheduling staff and volunteers, and managing social media and the online store.
- Develop monthly goals and targets to improve the store and increase sales
- Create a marketing plan to help increase profitability
- Regularly submit financial reports
- Manage social media and online store
- Provide leadership to staff and facilitate monthly supervisor meetings
- Schedule staff and volunteers
- Collaboratively work with Volunteer Coordinate to manage volunteers
- Oversee general operations of the store – garbage, cleaning, small repairs, etc.
- Ensure store policies and systems are followed
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Work with team to receive, organize, sort and price donations
- Maintain high quality of customer service
- Maintain excellent communication, answering phone and email in a timely and professional manner
- Retail and marketing experience
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to train and motivate staff and volunteers
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, & Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to confidently manage different social media platforms
- Physical demand-capable to lift and move boxes/furniture up to 75 lbs in a safe manner
- Available to work weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 8091 ]