Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Next Generation Pastor
Next Generation Pastor
Mississauga, Ontario , L5V 2W3
Method of Appointment: Recommended by the Senior Pastor, ratified by the Elders.
Accountability: The Next Generations Pastor reports to the Associate Pastor for his daily leadership and overall ministry strategy. He is ultimately accountable to the Senior Pastor (and through the Senior Pastor to the Board of Elders). The Next Generations Pastor will submit a yearly ministry plan prior to the fall kick-off and will be reviewed annually based on this job description and the yearly ministry plan.
Status: Permanent Full-time (40 hours per week).
Remuneration: Salary/benefits established by the Board and reviewed annually.
Works closely with: Pastoral Staff, Office Staff, Board, and Congregation.
Supervises: Supervises and gives direction as appropriate to lay Volunteers.
Since the Next Generations Pastor plays a major role in influencing both the present and future generations of the local church, it is essential that they be a professional leader who has both a solid understanding of the foundations of Christian faith and doctrine, and the ability to communicate the gospel in a clear, relevant and contextualized way. Therefore, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Biblically qualified as an Elder/Pastor as per: 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 1-4. (If married, his wife must also meet the biblical standards of an elder’s wife).
- Ability to relate well to youth while maintaining the decorum of a leader and role model.
- Models an active and growing Christian faith, character, lifestyle, and testimony.
- Firmly embraces evangelical Baptist theology. Unconditionally commits to follow and champion the Doctrines, Covenants, Mission, and Core Values of CCBC.
Demonstrably gifted in the areas of leadership, communications, and interpersonal engagement.
Evidences a caring heart for people, and a passion for souls. Relates well multi-culturally & multi-generationally.
Spiritually growing; a team player; an accountable servant-leader with a teachable spirit.
- Theological Accreditation, preferably at the Bible College level.
- An active or contingent CCBC Member.
The Next Generations Pastor is the leader of ministry to this important and transitional generation within the church. Working in harmony with the overall Ministry Plan, and in conjunction with CCBC Leadership Team, this individual will champion the reaching, teaching and discipleship of young people with the gospel of Christ. Balancing a strong Biblical foundation with dynamic, relational engagement, the Next Generations Pastor will seek to properly contextualize ministry to the Jr. High, High School and College-age youth of our congregation and community.
- Jr. & Sr. High (60%)
- The Next Generations Pastor will develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive strategy to refine and strengthen the ministry to students at City Centre. This will include:
- Identifying, adapting and teaching a curriculum suited to the objective and particular spiritual needs of our young people.
- Leading the weekly meetings of each group of youth, conducting the worship and social aspects of the ministry.
- Availability and enthusiasm for ministry in proactive, creative and contemporary ways, including the responsible use of social media as well as dedicated, in-person engagement.
- Fostering the development of small groups within the Youth Ministry and dovetailing with the overall small group strategy of the church.
- Designing and planning high-impact seasonal events for outreach and spiritual growth.
- Maintaining an active knowledge of church members and adherents with children in this age group.
- Familiarity with the life events of the youth and their families, providing biblical support and encouragement, and conducting home visitations as appropriate in coordination with the Pastor.
- Recruiting, screening, training and discipleing lay leaders, personally overseeing their growth, development and performance.
- Young Adults (35%)
- Impact is a primarily self-administered ministry of college and career aged young adults at City Centre. The Next Generations Pastor will provide leadership and direction to this group, which will include:
- Actively engaging in the discipleship of the young adults with a focus on developing a Biblical worldview and the integration of faith and life.
- Working with the lay leaders of the Impact Group to establish vision, ministry goals, and select appropriate Biblically based curriculum for study that will challenge the thinking of the group, and facilitate grappling with theological issues on a deep and culturally relevant level.
- Attending weekly meetings of the group; guiding and directing the planning and execution of seasonal events and/or retreats.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the ministry and providing feedback where necessary.
- Encouraging ways of connecting the Impact Group through service and relationship with the general congregation of City Centre and our community.
- General (5%)
- Depending on gifting, the Next Generations Pastor will also share in other general pastoral duties as required and in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume with cover letter, if interested, to Sophia Belnavis at email@example.com. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8092 ]