North York, Ontario , M2N4H4
30 hours per week, on-site
Health care plan including dental
4% vacation on accrued time worked
The Office Administrator plays an integral role in ensuring all the moving parts of church ministry and office operations are working effectively. The position encompasses a broad range of administrative responsibilities designed to further the mission of Willowdale Baptist Church. You will exhibit godly humility and serve the church with love, enthusiasm, and efficiency. You are responsible for supporting the pastoral staff and are accountable to the Senior Pastor. You work in cooperation with other staff members, the board of management, volunteers, and members. You are in charge of implementing communication between the staff, congregants, and the community through printed and electronic means. A formal review of this position occurs annually.
- Reception: The Office Administrator is the first point of contact for all business and community matters relating to the church. You must be able to work compassionately, yet efficiently, with others and be able to direct those contacts to the person that can best address their needs. Employees reflect these values by being active members of a Protestant Evangelical church.
- Communication: The Office Administrator must be able to communicate well and be comfortable using a variety of mediums (including digital platforms and social media) to do so.
- Organization: The Office Administrator needs to keep the office organized and preserve the confidentiality of a large number of files and resources (physical and digital). When appropriate, you will provide quick access to these files and resources. You will maintain a schedule of church events and external bookings to ensure that there is no conflict. You will be in charge of the day-to-day communication with building users and work with the deacons to ensure that contracts are up to date. You will assist the deacons in scheduling externally contracted maintenance services.
- Bookkeeping: The Office Administrator, in cooperation with the church accountant and treasurer, oversees payroll, accounts payable, and prepares monthly financial statements. You also assist the treasurer during the budget creation process and auditors during their annual review.
Required Skills & Expectations
- Must have a clear call to serve in church ministry work.
- Must have the spiritual gifts of administration, service, and helps.
- Must be able to embody the vision, mission, and cultural context of Willowdale Baptist Church.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks and have strong competency in information technology.
- Must be able to update the website and manage social media accounts.
- Must be able to protect confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a small team, in-person and virtually.
- You are cheerful and personable.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You have proven ability to multitask, have excellent time management skills, are highly organized, and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- You are an avid learner, humble and flexible, with the ability to use new software and apps as required.
- You can maintain healthy relationships with a wide variety of personalities.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in bookkeeping.
- Education and experience in office administration, marketing, or communication is preferred.
- Previous experience in a church or para-church organization is preferred.
- A college diploma, university degree, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Experience with G-Suite, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and WordPress is an asset.
- Experience creating simple graphics used for social media posts is an asset.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates that will be asked for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8123 ]