Regional Director - Central Ontario
Regional Director - Central Ontario
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y9E5
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian charitable organization with over 50 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada, which are staffed primarily by volunteers. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, provide church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and through these programs, to place Bibles in many countries around the world.
BFM Foundation Thrift Store Development Ltd. is currently seeking a full-time Regional Director for Central Ontario. The Regional Director is responsible for supporting the operations of existing Mission Thrift Stores, the development of new/satellite stores and assisting current stores when relocating to new properties.
The start date for this position is January 4, 2021.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering sustainable support to the stores which is reliable, and which promotes self-management in each of the following performance result areas:
- Assisting stores to improve operational performance in the areas of:
- Manager Recruitment and helping Board Members through the process.
- Manager Training in all aspects of operations.
- Implementation of High-Performance Standards through organizational development in areas such as leadership, customer service, etc.
- Providing board governance training to store boards.
- Opening new and satellite stores on schedule and on budget.
- Completing relocations and renovations of existing stores on schedule and on budget.
- Through God’s blessing, encourage continual and sustainable growth.
- Minimum requirement of a college degree
- Studies that include one or more of business, retail management, not-for-profit management preferred.
- Studies in social work or counselling are an asset.
- Experience working with not for profits and/or charities.
- Experience working with policy governance boards.
- Experience in project management, real estate acquisitions and retail operations.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate/Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Comfortable speaking in front of an audience, designing and making formal presentations.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
- Knowledge and passion for BFM Foundation (Canada) and its work.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and budgets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent relationship-building and networking skills.
- Experience interacting with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and work styles.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Reliable and proactive, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
- A dedicated team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with others (management, staff, board members and volunteers) in team settings to solve problems in a fun-loving manner and with a servant’s heart.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation Thrift Store Development Ltd.’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work or volunteer for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include, but is not limited to opening in prayer at Mission Thrift Store Board and/or Staff Meetings, Mission Thrift Store events, BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
The Director of Store Development will work from their home office. Extensive travel will be required in the Greater Hamilton Area (mainly Hamilton, Halton, and Peel) and as far North as Newmarket. Ideally, the Regional Director will reside within an hour’s drive of this area. Additional travel to other areas of Canada may also be required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume by October 2, 2020 by email to email@example.com.
Full Job Description available upon request
BFM Foundation (Canada) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8141 ]