City Director, Winnipeg
City Director, Winnipeg
Three Hills, Alberta , T0M 2A0
We seek to love international students unconditionally, partner with local churches in leading international students to discover Jesus through the Word of God, and prepare them to serve God wherever He leads them.
The City Director will recruit, develop, and lead the local ministry team toward fulfilling ISMC’s mission and vision in their city. They play a crucial role in connecting the local team to the national ISMC family. They will lead the city team to discern international students’ needs, develop strategic plans, and ensure the implementation and development of local ministry initiatives and programs. They represent ISMC and build partnerships with local Christian communities and organizations to mobilize Christians to join the international student discipleship movement.
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Salary: Require to raise their own support through Partnership Development
Accountable To: Regional Director, Prairie
Build, engage, and develop the city team
- Help the city team to understand and focus on ISMC’s vision and mission.
- Lead the team in setting strategic ministry plans and maintaining ministry direction.
- Recruit qualified staff and volunteer to join the team. Responsible for screening and maintaining records for local volunteers.
- Provide supervision in the new staff onboarding process.
- Facilitate open communication in the team through regular team meetings, personal contact with team members, and meeting with them to discuss specific projects.
- Encourage the team to stay connected to the ISMC national family.
- Lead city team meetings, prayer meetings, and annual retreats.
- Develop and equip the team by connecting resources (either provided by ISMC or outside of ISMC) to team members.
Oversee city ministries
- Initiate and oversee ministries that align with the vision and mission of ISMC.
Partnership development and mobilization
- Initiate and cultivate connections and partnerships with leaders of churches and organizations to mobilize people for the international student discipleship movement.
- Articulate ISMC’s ministry vision and mission to other leaders.
- Represent and promote ISMC’s ministry at local events.
- Develop relationships with international student advisors and chaplains at universities and colleges.
- Oversee the planning of city team fund-raising initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with City team prayer and financial supporters.
Personal and professional development
- Establish regular times of prayer for God’s wisdom and direction in the ministry.
- Develop and maintain a team of prayer and financial partners.
- Establish a weekly Sabbath.
- Ongoing training (e.g., ACMI, local seminars, seminary course, ISI online training).
- Attend biennial ISMC National Conference and City Director retreat.
Personal Character and Commitment
- Growing in a vital relationship with Christ; meets the leadership qualities of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Exhibit an active and developing Christ-like character.
- Committed to Christ’s global cause in general and international student ministry in particular.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the international student ministries and its impact on the world.
- Committed to the national vision and mission of ISMC.
- In agreement with ISMC’s Statement of Faith and ISMC’s Lifestyle Practice & Conduct policy.
- Self-motivated team-builder; committed to caring and empowering the local ministry team.
- Committed to forging connections and partnerships with other communities and organizations.
- Heart of a servant leader.
- Great team-player with a positive attitude and an encouraging spirit.
Education & Experiences
- Proven success in Partnership Development.
- 5 years of ministry experience would be an asset, particularly in ministering to internationals on university campuses or in intercultural settings.
- Experience in leading multicultural ministry teams would be an asset.
Skills and Competency
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills, and able to relate, encourage and mobilize others.
- Ability to evaluate people’s gifts and skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and able to articulate ministry vision would be an asset.
- Ability to articulate ministry passion and attract others to the ministry.
- Well-organized, responsive, and responsible.
- Computer literate (e.g., competent in utilizing online meeting tools like Zoom or google Meet).
How to Apply
Apply online at https://ismc.ca/work-at-ismc/city-director-winnipeg/
For more information, email email@example.com
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 8143 ]