Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts
Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts
Whitby, Ontario , L1R 3L3
The Bridge Whitby is a growing church marked by a vibrant, relational culture and filled with warm and caring people. It is located in the quickly expanding eastern portion of the GTA. Our vision is to be a part of guiding people into a personal and deepening relationship with Jesus and then mobilizing them to use their gifts and talents to serve others. Along with unapologetic biblical preaching, it is our belief that a critical component to fulfilling this vision is powerful, Spirit-filled worship. Would you consider joining our team in both reaching and serving the community of Whitby and area?
The Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts will oversee the planning and implementation of our Sunday gatherings and all church wide events, while working closely with the Lead Pastor. He will be responsible to provide leadership and pastoral shepherding to the Creative team and the congregation. In collaboration with the Creative team, he is responsible to create dynamic and engaging Sunday gatherings and church wide events that allow people to connect, thrive, and commit.
Also, this role includes the important role of creating and overseeing a social media strategy and Sunday service video ministry for The Bridge. These are new and growing ministries within the overall outreach ministry plan of The Bridge and require an individual with a passion to use these tools.
Worship, Creative Arts, Communications, Audio/Visual, Information Technology
The Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts should have a demonstrated track record of leadership in music and ministry. A college degree is required. Seminary or graduate studies is preferred.
Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts must have efficient computer skills. Experience with ProPresenter is an asset along with database management systems such as Planning Center or have a willingness to learn. This position requires competence and experience in musical skill (Piano/keyboard preferred), theory and worship leading. Preferred familiarity/experience with graphic design and video editing.
The Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts should demonstrate a mature Christian faith, a heart for God, for people, biblical knowledge and a lifestyle that is in accord with The Bridge Church mission, vision and values.
Qualities we desire in an ideal candidate
- Leadership Ability – able to work collegially with musicians, artists and other leaders and pastorally with a diverse congregation
- Theologically grounded – able to articulate a theology of worship that demonstrates a solid grasp of historic principles and contemporary issues in Christian worship.
- Musically trained – understands music from a variety of genres and generations, with particular emphasis on contemporary music.
- Oversee and resource all worship services at the church and ensure all programs and services delivered maintain Scriptural integrity. Plan Sunday morning services in consultation with Lead Pastor and worship planning team. Lead Worship and rehearsals. Recruit, oversee and provide coaching for the A/V Coordinator, and Worship, Tech, and Creative teams. Oversee sound and video equipment and volunteers. Manage equipment, instruments and music including copyrights.
- Draft and manage a yearly budget. Plan special and seasonal programs and other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Lead Pastor
- A wide range of communication skills are expected for this position: oral, written, and in person.
- Attend staff meetings, work core hours at the office, participate in an annual goal review and goal setting process, including personal, job related and professional development goals.
Leadership and Collaboration
Effective leadership skills are vital to this position. Building and leading teams of people requires the ability to select the right people, to build consensus, to delegate, to enable and encourage teams to get the job done, and to celebrate successes. Providing good direction also involves working effectively with other ministry leaders, having a servant attitude, providing and communicating specific plans and materials, and shaping those plans and materials into effective programs. The Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts will look for and act on opportunities for development and mentorship including: volunteer recruitment, team building,and training. Foreword thinking, and strategic planning is essential for success in ministry context. At The Bridge Church, we deeply value teamwork and strive to support one another across our ministry areas.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor and is a 40-hour a week position with salary commensurate with experience, education and salaries for similar positions in other churches in our area.
How to Apply
Please send resume/CV and a video (link) of you leading live corporate worship to Alan Butryn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by November 1, 2020
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8150 ]