Ajax, Ontario , L1T 4K5
Westney Heights Baptist is a church of evangelical Christian believers in the Town of Ajax, Ontario. Westney started out as a small body of believers in 1990 and has grown to a church of +400 Sunday morning worshipers. At Westney it is our Mission to “Lead others to Jesus as we become more like Him” and our Vision to “Encourage all people to pursue a lifelong, joyous relationship with Jesus Christ.” This Vision and Mission are supported through our five ‘Pillars’; Biblical Teaching, Authentic Worship, Loving Community, Compassionate Service and Effective Evangelism.
Job Title: Worship Director
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Full‐Time
The incumbent has primary responsibility for the planning and development of the worship ministry of the church as well as the mentoring, training and discipleship of current and potential participants in worship ministry, in partnership with the senior pastor.
Character and Nature of Position
- Must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ demonstrated through character and a desire to disciple others. Must be in agreement with the Westney Heights Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith/Catechism and support our Five Pillars. Their life must exemplify the purpose, philosophy and doctrine of Westney Heights Baptist Church.
- Must have a desire to ensure that all involved in the worship ministry realize their maximum potential through effective leadership and training, ministering in such a way that people feel encouraged and appreciated in their ministry.
- Architect - Be able to design a worship ministry which allows a diverse congregation to worship with their whole heart.
- Leader - Be proficient in leading worship in your own style and preferred instrumentation.
- Mentor - Be able to develop leaders to realize the full scope of the designed worship ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sunday Worship (40%)
- Meets regularly with the Sr. Pastor to ensure authentic worship services and coordinate the presentation of worship with sermons and sermon series, spiritual needs of the congregations, etc.
- Responsible (including delegation) for choirs, worship teams, instrumentalists, AV techs, and Sunday worship components (such as scripture, drama, dance, visual arts).
- Seeks to select and use music which brings glory to God, is biblically correct, and encourages congregational participation.
- Team Development (40%)
- Identifies, supervises, recruits, trains and develops individual’s gifts, and encourages those persons as they become involved in the worship ministry.
- Ensures that a youth music team is developed and mentored as appropriate and in collaboration with the youth pastor.
- Meets with ministry leaders, plans, and coordinates special worship services (e.g. Funerals, weddings, Christmas events, Easter, youth etc.).
- Directs and partners with the AV teams.
- Administration (20%)
- Ensures the care, maintenance, and inventory of all music and equipment.
- Evaluates and suggests equipment needs for area of ministry.
- Prepares, proposes, and manages the annual worship budget.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Reports to the Senior Pastor and participates in joint planning with the board. Staff meeting attendance is required.
A full time 40-hour per week position with salary commensurate with experience, education and salaries for similar positions in other churches in our area.
Contact and Application
Please forward your cover letter, resume and if possible a video of you leading corporate worship to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8193 ]