Langley, British Columbia , V2Y 0J8
Employment status: Permanent Full-time (40 hrs/week)
Start date: Immediate
Would you love to use your gifting to help Canadian families in need? Do you enjoy coding elegant websites and system integrations? Then you may just be the person we're looking for to work on our talented digital media team that values innovation, excellence and teamwork.
As the Web Developer, you'll work alongside developers, marketing specialists, designers and writers to create and improve websites that provide real value to Canadian families. As one of the in-house technical web experts, you will create and maintain online assets and find effective solutions to integrate various systems through APIs. You will also liaise with external partners and speak into strategic technology decisions.
- Monitor websites and other online assets to detect and troubleshoot functional defects
- Maintain and update online infrastructure (e.g., web servers, databases, CMS etc.)
- Maintain existing websites built with PHP/Laravel, WordPress or Ruby on Rails
- Develop system/platform integrations using various APIs (SOAP and REST)
- Liaise with third-party vendors to manage development projects
- Research mobile and online trends and best practices; make recommendations based on findings
- Work with the digital media team to determine the strategy, structure and functional scope of new web properties to ensure maximum impact and engagement
Experience with Ruby on Rails, Rancher, Docker, Netsuite CRM, Suitecommerce, or Hubspot are considered a definite asset.
You thrive in a work environment that is fast paced with multiple, and often conflicting, deadlines. Above all, this important role requires an individual who maintains a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christlike attitude by adhering to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
Please note that we will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.
Focus on the Family Canada is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening Canadian families through trusted, faith-based resources and programs, counselling, prayerful support, and much more. For more information about us, please visit FocusOnTheFamily.ca.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 8203 ]