Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Markham, Ontario , L3R 4C2
Reports to: Chairman of the board (Interim) until new Executive Director appointment
Term: Part-time (3 working days per week) with prorated employee benefits
Ambassadors For Christ (“AFC”) In Canada exists to continue God’s work in
- the worldwide evangelical student movement.
- In partnership with the local churches,
- we endeavor to walk alongside with students,
- primarily Chinese,
- to be grounded in scripture
- and be faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
In alignment with AFC’s Mission Statement, this position ensure administrative and logistical effectiveness in supporting AFC’s ministry work. The primary role is to provide robust stewardship in AFC’s resources, ensuring that resources and internal protocols are aligned to support effective ministry program implementation.
- Administration (incl. Information Technology)
- Support ministry programming under the direction of the Executive Director (or Director of Ministry)
- Ensure efficient office administration, solicits and negotiates pricing for goods and services to deliver desired ministry outcome
- Ensure sufficient internet, telecommunications, and donor services are reliably available to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure all electronic data is properly safeguarded and backed up for redundancy.
- Ensure employee health and other benefit programs and policies are sufficient and up-to-date
- Ensure the AFC administration manual and policies are maintained and alignment with applicable legislation, regulations, bylaws, and corporate decisions.
- Supervise team members under the Administrative department
- Financial Management
- Draft the annual budget and event-specific budgets for consideration and approval, under the direction of the Executive Director (or Chairman of the Board) and in consultation with the Director of Ministry.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure AFC’s financial resources are well stewarded and payment obligations are met.
- Oversee payroll, and ensure staff related financial processes and policies are up-to-date
- Ensure complete and accurate financial records are kept, and support the annual audit process.
- Provide regular reporting to the Executive Director (or Chairman of the Board) on AFC’s financial status.
- Advancement and Communication
- Direct the annual advancement efforts and communication strategy
- Manage the major donor partnerships and seek out new opportunities & grants
- Ensure efficient donation collection and processing tools in partnership with Manager of Advancement (or Director of Ministry)
- Ensure effective responses to general inquiries from donors, supporters and partners.
- Supervise team members under the Advancement & Communication department
- Grow personally in their love for Jesus and passion to follow Him
- Corporate obligations and reporting to government and partners are met in timely and accurate fashion to maintain our standing in the community
- Staff team and board of directors have access to clear and timely administrative documents to support strategic planning and decision-making
- Donors have a positive experience with the donation process, and find it easy to give repeatedly
- Communication is timely and clear for our donors, supporters and partners to know where the organization is headed and the needs of the mission field
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and clear evidence of growth as a disciple
- Excellent relationship management skills (emotional intelligence)
- Excellent conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills both oral and written
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated biblical knowledge on issues pertaining to youth culture and discipleship
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to a variety of groups of varying ages
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others (listening inspiring, empowering)
- Project management skills (manage details, prioritize and delegate)
- Advanced computer skills: ease in learning and using computer applications; working effectively with Google Suite platform
- Knowledgeable of fundraising softwares and platforms like Paypal, DonorPerfect
- Knowledgeable of financial management softwares like Sage50 and Quickbooks Online
- Undergraduate degree in humanity or management
- Minimum 5 years staff supervisory experience
- Experience in charitable organization works is an asset
- Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours is required
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector in particular, Christian youth and student ministries
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to Abraham Wong, Chairman of the Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to affirm AFC’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8209 ]