Pastoral Worker (Part Time)
Pastoral Worker (Part Time)
London, Ontario , N5Y5L1
Have you discovered that people from different backgrounds connect with God when you’re with them? Have you tasted the joy of introducing people from varying life experiences to Jesus? Have you equipped people to grow in communion with Christ alongside people who are different from them, and in ways that honour the history and reality of their people?
Rooted in North East London, Ontario, Mosaic Intercultural Church London is a small, dynamic and diverse church that is seeking a pastoral worker. We believe that God is calling us to follow Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit in a path that can be described by these four compass-points: (i) Inter-Cultural Reconciliation, (ii) Inter-Cultural Theology, (iii) Spiritual Formation and Discipleship, and (iv) Christian Community Development. We are seeking an individual whose heart and skill in pastoral leadership will enable diverse individuals – and those with whom they belong – to respond to Christ, growing in communion with him in the power of the Holy Spirit.
What is a Pastoral Worker?
A pastoral worker is a man or woman whose core spiritual life consistently leads them to do the work of helping people experience and respond to God in Jesus Christ. They understand the work involved in being present to God and to the people around them, and they embody the practices – the work – that nourish, protect and mature communities and people in the life of Jesus Christ.
The Pastoral Worker will attend to these core areas of responsibility:
- Visiting Mosaic members at work or home; visiting neighbours in North East London.
- Catalysing community experiences where people encounter God and respond to him.
- Developing and implementing training and formation experiences that help the church mature in our compass-points.
- Supervisor: Executive Director & Pastor of Mosaic, Andrew Karram
- The Pastoral Worker will report directly to the Executive Director and Pastor; the relationship will include goal-setting, accountability, and coaching.
- Staff Team: Administrative Lead and Communications and Technology Activator (To be Determined)
- The Pastoral Worker will build collaborative, nurturing relationships with other staff team members that contribute to each team member’s effectiveness and satisfaction. Regular staff team meetings and shared learning will help facilitate a vibrant team life.
- Volunteers: Key Shepherding Leaders
- The Pastoral Worker will serve, collaborate with and develop teams of volunteers for the purpose of advancing in the strategic responsibilities. They will be expected to work with established teams and to build and shape other teams as opportunity allows.
- Growing communion with Christ revealed in personal transformation, the fruit of the Spirit, and on-going spiritual disciplines and influence on others.
- A demonstrable commitment to Mosaic’s compass points.
- A graduate level seminary degree (at least in process) is preferred; other relevant education and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Relevant experience supported by letters of reference.
- Three reference letters from volunteer and/or work environments that witness to the candidate’s character, experience, skill and impact.
Start Date: December 1, 2020 (negotiable)
Hours: 16 hrs/week to begin
Please submit your CV with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, your reasons for applying and your vision for the position to Andrew Karram (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm on Monday, November 9, 2020. We will review applications and be in touch concerning interviews. Those invited to interview will need to come with three reference letters to the interview. Interviews will be held the week of November 16, and notice will be sent by November 24, 2020.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8213 ]