Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
Bilingual Phone Specialist
Bilingual Phone Specialist
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
In order to fully support our North American donors and members, we are seeking an experienced full-time bilingual Supporter Services Phone Specialist (SSPS). The SSPS is the initial contact for all donors, members and those contacting the ministry with the primary responsibility of representing and supporting the ministry to our French audience.
The incumbent has the desire to provide premier customer service to French members, supporters and churches through inbound and outbound phone calls, emails and correspondence. This role is not only focussed on providing a high level of customer service but also looking for opportunities to increase donations, and promote the organization’s programs, such as membership, ShareWord Partners, Global Church Partnership and Go Trip opportunities. As the “in-house sales force”, this role also plays a critical role impacting the satisfaction and retention of our members and donors.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 109-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), and creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption. In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world.
Reports to: Supporter Services Manager
Term: Full time
Location: Preferred location in our Guelph office, however a remote location is a possible option.
- First line of contact for all our French donors/members/churches providing premier customer service and communication, interacting with donors, Members and the general public via inbound telephone calls, email, correspondence and online. Provide back up to our English members and donors
- Outbound telemarketing such as up/cross sell resulting in increased donations, re-engage lapsed donors/members, recuperate missed donations and follow up on accounts.
- Enhance the opportunities to increase donations and engagement with our members and donors
- Act as a French representative to the organization, considering and articulating the needs of our French audience
- Updating information in our database and reconciliation of donor data and donation information
- Assist with events planning for Quebec region, related to member recruitment and fundraising activities, giving input and guidance to the Quebec Regional Manager supporting goals to be met
- Process French membership applications and support French churches requests
- Back up support the Gift Processing team through data entry relating to donation processing, ensuring accuracy of entry and balancing of batches.
- Administrative functions including office admin, filing, processing mailings & returned mail
- Performing other duties or projects as required and directed by your immediate supervisor
- As the primary French contact within the organization, this role will also participate in basic French translations and proofreading and be the voice for the French audience.
Role & Skill Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both English & French
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills understanding the importance of retention and cultivation
- Telemarketing/phone sales experience
- Accurate and efficient data entry, attention to detail, and work organization
- Collaborate and compatibility with others working in a team environment, and also possesses ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated
- Time management and deadline-oriented. Ability to process large volumes of work with speed and accuracy
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is an asset, as well as experience with Macintosh Computers and Microsoft Office programs
TGIC is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
How to Apply
If you are applying, please first complete the following online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process: Survey
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8217 ]