Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization. Each year, it offers practical, emotional, and spiritual support to thousands of people who are experiencing poverty and homelessness in the City of Toronto. The Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous, and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative, and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
The Scott Mission’s vision prayer captures the heart of its goal: Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently implementing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives: increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships, and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians.
The Mission operates with a dedicated staff at four locations: 502 Spadina Avenue Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre, and the Scott Mission Summer Camp in Caledon. We are currently seeking a Camp Maintenance Coordinator.
- The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, validate, and document business needs of stakeholders, be they clients, donors, or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders to gather and compile functional and technical requirements, including KPIs.
- The Business Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to enable business requirements by leveraging cost-effective technology driven solutions
- The Business Analyst will work proactively with end users to optimize and streamline business processes, user adoption and continuous improvements
Attention to detail is critical due to different aspects of the stakeholder requirements to be managed and overseen simultaneously, all of which are important to its well-being and success.
The business analyst will be an advocate of technology to the business users and be able to champion initiatives and obtain stakeholder buy-in.
Think of the business analyst as the bridge connecting the IT and the Business on multiple initiatives, therefore superior communications skill is a must.
The ability to lead, focus and support others to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks on time; scheduling, coordinating, preparation and risk management are key success factor for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Develop and utilize standard templates to write requirements specifications accurately and concisely
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements
- Create process models, data flow diagrams, specifications, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements (traceability) throughout the project lifecycle
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues, decisions and solutions are understood
- Organize and manage Functional, Integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Provide Postproduction support to users (triage and resolve incidents/tickets)
- Manage enhancement requests to resolution
- Build strong relationships by being a team player to ensure business is successful in meeting set goals
- Two to five years related work experience, with demonstrated knowledge of core business process and operations (Non-Profit/Charity).
- Business Process Experience; CRM, BI, Master Data Management etc.
- Software Application Experience; MS Dynamics/D365, Power Apps, Power BI etc.
- Productively Tool Experience: O365, SharePoint, Teams, Visio, Microsoft Project etc.
- IIAB and/or PMP certified or actively pursuing certification
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software solutions
- Creating and conducting end user training
- Ability to create requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate, manage deliverables and keep projects on track
- Propensity for multi-tasking, result oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business language
- Customer (stakeholder) Service orientation
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit www.ScottMission.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 8221 ]