Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
Hamilton, Ontario , L8M3E7
Benediction Community Church (BCC) seeks a Worship Director (WD) for a renewable one-year contract position starting approximately January 2021. This is a generously compensated part-time position that reports to, and will be mentored as needed, by the lead pastor.
We’re heading into our fourth year as a growing church plant in Hamilton, Ontario. We’re learning to be the church (not just go to church) and practice the way of Jesus together, and our vision is that it would be in Hamilton as it is in heaven. While not a large church, we’re diverse, with deep roots in Hamilton. Belonging in BCC is expressed in two main rhythms: In our Faith Families we share community, discipleship, and mission through meals, study of Scripture, and love for neighbours. Our weekly worship gathering is called Word and Table and has been online since the start of the pandemic. We desire the WD to lead these gatherings in-person (and online) as a beloved member of the church, well into our next stage of ministry in Hamilton.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Art & Liturgy: The WD will shape the worship event with liturgical elements drawn from old and new worship traditions. The WD will have considerable freedom to envision, create, and present a beautiful, meaningful worship experience in consultation with the lead pastor.
- Music: Our ideal WD is a lead worshiper who selects, arranges, and plays music effectively. In his/her care, the congregation will be led into authentic, passionate, worship of Jesus.
- Seasonal Liturgies: The WD will collaborate with the lead pastor to plan seasonal and topical worship celebrations (E.g., Advent and Easter; Indigenous history and Mental Health).
- Administration: The WD will have access to helpful apps and tools to support his/her planning and administration. Any necessary training will be provided.
- People: The WD is a leader who finds, equips, and manages volunteers. The WD is also a learner who’ll participate in the life of the church and be supported in his/her discipleship.
- Communications: The WD will use communication tools (e.g., email, social media) effectively and responsibly to coordinate and create awareness of events.
- Other: Depending on the WD’s gifts (or our need), other responsibilities may be negotiated.
- Our ideal WD is an artist, dreamer, musician, theologian, leader, and lover of the city. He/she meets the standard for ministry as a deacon expressed in 1Timothy 3:8-13.
- Post-secondary theological Education and prior experience on staff in a church are assets, but not required. Theologically, our ideal WD can discern and appreciate truth from diverse church traditions, eras, and cultures.
- The WD will be in essential agreement with the doctrine and practice of the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada, of which BCC is a member congregation. Obtaining an AGC ministry certificate will qualify the WD to claim the clergy residence deduction.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Include three references who can discuss your relevant ministry experience and church participation.
Please note: BCC is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and compensates regardless of colour, gender, national origin, age, or other protected status as required by law in Canada.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8246 ]