Worship Service Coordinator
Worship Service Coordinator
Ottawa, Ontario , K4A 4J3
Redeemer Alliance Church (RAC) is looking to fill a part-time Worship Service Coordinator position.
Here at Redeemer we are actively seeking to further the Kingdom of God in our community, Orleans, which is a suburb of the city of Ottawa. We believe that God is at work in us right now to help bring about revival in our surrounding community and that we are on the cusp of experiencing a powerful movement of God’s Spirit! Therefore, we are searching for a person who agrees with our Vision, Mission and Values here at RAC (see our website: www.redeemeralliance.ca/about)
Here at Redeemer we are continually seeking to engage in our community in a variety of ways through our ministries, programs and various outreach initiatives so that we can bless our community and increase our opportunities to share the love of Jesus with them. In this regard, the candidate should be a person who loves people, is prayerful for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom, is approachable and compassionate, as well as being professional.
In terms of the number of people who attend Redeemer, we had an average Sunday attendance of about 180 people in- person, pre-COVID. At present we average about 30 people on a Sunday in-person and about 80 people viewing our service live online, with another 100 viewing it afterwards. Approximately 350 people on paper consider Redeemer their home church.
The candidate we are looking for is someone who is passionate about living for Christ. Furthermore, we are looking for a leader who is strong at facilitating our worship leaders and volunteers and who is adept at coordinating the Sunday Morning Worship Service so as to create an environment where people can encounter God and experience more of him.
We are also in need of someone who is able to lead our Worship Ministry into the future on a technological level as well. This includes being proficient with, or can quickly become proficient with, current worship service software such as Planning Center, Proclaim, etc. as well as advancing Redeemer’s use of worship music software such as Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc. Experience with video photography, production, and editing would be a plus.
The candidate will work as a member of Redeemer’s Staff Team, consisting of the Lead Pastor, our Associate Pastor of Youth & Outreach, our Children’s Director and our Church Administrator.
Please contact me by email if you are interested in this position.
Rev. Greg Baker
Lead Pastor of Redeemer Alliance Church
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide leadership to the Worship Teams and Tech Crew. This means these groups are accountable to the Worship Service Coordinator.
- Develop a weekly worship experience for our Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Give general oversight to all music and sound and video activities.
- Work with the Lead Pastor, Worship Team Leaders and other Ministry Leaders.
- Oversee organization of Worship Teams for the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Oversee tracking and archival of worship music.
- Keep the list of songs in Planning Center organized and up to date.
- Oversee music and worship records, including yearly commitment forms.
- Oversee the production of annual reports for Worship Ministries.
- Oversee assigned budgets.
Position Reports to
Lead Pastor: Rev. Greg Baker
Essential Job Functions & Approximate Time Required per Week
- Be present on a Sunday morning (4 Hours/Week):
- Oversee the Worship Team as they prepare for the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Organizing & coordinating volunteers and the Lead Pastor for the purposes of the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Coordinate the resolution of any tech problems that may arise before or during the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Facilitate the weekly worship practice and/or video recording sessions and assist as required (2.5 Hours/Week)
- Enable & Facilitate present & future Worship Team and Tech Team Leaders & Volunteers (3 Hours/Week)
- Plan the Order of Service & prepare the logistics for every Sunday Morning Worship Service (3 Hours/Week):
- This will involve coordinating with the Staff Team, volunteers, video editors, Worship Teams, etc.
- Attend weekly Staff Meeting (1.5 Hours/Week on average)
General Qualifications Required
- Has a passion for Worship Ministry
- Working knowledge of modern worship music and practices
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Administrative & Organizational skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Can lead well a group of volunteers and is able to delegate
- Loves God and exhibits the fruit of the Holy Spirit in their life
- Agrees with RAC’s Statement of Faith
- Agrees with C&MA Call to Excellence and Code of Ethics for Official Workers of the C&MA in Canada (Manual of The C&MA in Canada 2019)
- Agrees with the Vision, Mission & Values (“Who We Are”) of RAC.
- Willing to become a member of RAC, if not already
- Is personable, being able to connect well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Works well with a Staff Team
- Has a positive attitude and is professional
- Is humble and approachable
- Is open to embrace and lead change
- Able to set and follow through on goals
- Is creative
- Is focused on furthering the Kingdom of God
Hours of Employment
This position is for 14 hours per week including Sunday morning.
Education and Experience
We are searching for a candidate who has some degree of education and/or experience. What is critical, however, is that they are aware of the present trend in both worship music and technology and are willing to embrace new and creative ways of creating a meaningful worship experience for the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Generally there is no over exertion required.
The rate of pay is to be determined as per the offer letter and RAC policies and procedures. The nature of the pay will be hourly and will not include benefits.
An annual evaluation will take place near the end of the program year (May/June). The evaluation will be performed by the Lead Pastor.
Ongoing and “time to time” evaluations may be initiated by either party to make mid course corrections, restructure, evaluate effectiveness, etc, with the aim to ensure that the employee is operating within their giftedness and calling towards accomplishing the priorities set out in this document in the most effective and God honouring fashion.
Commencement and Termination of Position
This position will commence as soon as possible according to the candidates time frame. This is an ongoing position with no future end date.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8258 ]