Tyndale University is delighted to bring the sounds of Christmas into the comfort of your own home! Joining the Tyndale Community Choir, Singers and Band are popular guest artists Laila Biali and Robert Pilon. Join us for this free livestream event graciously sponsored by Lazboy Furniture Galleries.
Parkview Day Care Administrator
Parkview Day Care Administrator
Guelph, Ontario , N1E1M3
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Leadership Team of Parkview Church is looking for a Director/Administrator to give leadership to Parkview Day Care, an outreach and ministry of Parkview Church.
The Director of Parkview Day Care, a 65-space licensed daycare, is responsible for the successful leadership, overall management, and operations of Parkview Day Care according to the strategic direction, and policies set by the Board of Directors and Leadership Team of Parkview Church. The Director is responsible for policy implementation and effective management of Parkview Day Care and all its programs.
The Director is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of age-appropriate programs to enhance cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development according to Parkview Day Care’s program statement and philosophy and the Child Care Early Years Act, using Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT), How Does Learning Happen? Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI) and Public Health Guidelines.
The Director represents Parkview Day Care and Parkview Church to the greater community to further partnerships, advocacy objectives, programming initiatives and community partnership goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Early Childhood Development or equivalent education and experience
- Must be registered, and in good standing, with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Ability to obtain clear Vulnerable Sector Screening (criminal record check) through the Police Department
- A demonstrated understanding of legislated requirements, including Child Care & Early Years Act, ELECT, Early Years Portal, How Does Learning Happen?, AQI, Wellington County Children’s Early Years Division Child Care Operating Criteria
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in childcare field as a supervisor, with administrative experience preferred
- Experience with licensing process through the Ministry of Education
- Experience with financial management, budget development, and basic bookkeeping
- Experience with Quick Books or similar accounting software preferred
- Experience with managing and supervising staff including hiring, discipling, conflict resolution, respective workplace policies, etc.
- Current First Aid and CPR level C
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Up-to-date immunization
- Work in collaboration with employees, and relevant licensing bodies and community agencies to accomplish the objectives of Parkview Day Care
- Assist the Board of Directors in developing vision and a strategic plan for the daycare
- Review, revise and develop policies and procedures as required
- Determine staffing needs, recruit and hire based on the daycare’s personnel policies approved by the Board of Directors
- Provide management oversight and direction to employees during day-to-day operations
- Provide professional development opportunities for all employees
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the daycare
- Oversee the financial viability of the daycare through budget management in the areas of fee collection, invoicing, purchase of services, monthly childcare fees, and balancing revenue and expenditures
- Provide accounts receivable and accounts payable reporting to the Board of Directors with respect to monthly cash flow
- Complete all financial documentation required by funding bodies
- Maintain all administrative and financial systems of the daycare, ensuring required reports and documentation are accurate and complete by required deadlines
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the daycare’s programs and services
- Work collaboratively with consultants from the Ministry, Province and support agencies as required
- Monitor enrollment, manage the wait list and fill all vacancies by promoting the daycare to the surrounding community and develop an on-going communication strategy
- Set specific organizational goals and outcomes under the direction of the Board of Directors
- Work with the Board to identify evaluate and address any risks to the daycare’s clients, staff, management, property, finances, goodwill and image
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with all provincial legal requirements
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to adjust style to communicate to different audiences (e.g. children, parents, staff, etc.)
- Work independently and with a team
- Demonstrate organizational skills, flexibility and problem solving
How to Apply
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8260 ]