Director of Children and Family Ministries
Director of Children and Family Ministries
Vancouver, British Columbia , V6Z 1Y1
General Position Description
FBC is seeking an experienced Director of Children and Family Ministry.
Children and Family Ministries is vital to the health of our congregational and community life at FBC and in our neighbourhood. This ministry position will have responsibility for providing direction and strategic leadership for Children and Family Ministries in order to build a relationship-based, Christ-centered environment where our nursery to Grade 4 children are able to grow in their faith.
Reporting to the Executive Minister, this ministry leadership position is supported by both staff and volunteers. A strategic team, your Ministry Area Team (MAT), will be established to be a support in this ministry area, and assist you with; assessment, dreaming, and strategic planning of existing programs.
In light of the building project, the church will have to relocate for approximately two years, from mid 2021 to mid 2023. The Director of Children and Family Ministries, in collaboration with the Pastoral Team, will work to facilitate continued ministry among children and families during this displacement.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
Candidates for this position should be a team player, dedicated to growing in personal relationship to Christ, engaging regularly in spiritual disciplines, and embodying the two greatest commandments (love God, love others).
Candidates need to have a love for children and a passion for each child’s spiritual development. Candidates will also be aware and welcoming of the broad number of different cultures and ethnicities of the families that make up FBC.
Candidates need to be a strong leader who is able to connect, communicate, and collaborate with diverse families, volunteers, and pastoral team members and staff. In addition, candidates will have to create and effectively execute ministry objectives and strategies that are aligned with FBC’s vision and direction. To do so, successful candidates will have to be a strong team builder and team leader.
The successful candidate selected for this position is expected to be an active member of FBC (requiring believer’s baptism), a church of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada, and be involved in community life beyond ministry (e.g. corporate worship, small group communities, and community events).
Primary Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide direction and strategic leadership for Children and Family Ministries;
- Cultivate a highly motivated, passionate, well-trained team of volunteers;
- Build a relationship-based, Christ-centered environment for children;
- Encourage and equip parents to be the primary spiritual influencers to their children;
- Develop a comprehensive, age-appropriate plan for the spiritual formation of nursery to Grade 4 children;
- Create ways to connect with neighbourhood children and families;
- Encourage family growth and support parental learning with events and program offerings;
- Oversee the development and implementation of critical policies and procedures to ensure the growth and safety of children and families.
Other Staff Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Director of Preteens and Youth Ministries to ensure continuity from Children and Family Ministries to Preteens and Youth Ministries;
- Collaborate with the Minister of Congregational Care to develop growth opportunities for families;
- Participate and contribute in team meetings;
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Minister.
- A theological degree;
- Significant pastoral experience working with children and families;
- Education in childhood development or teaching would be an asset;
- Experience in recruiting and training volunteers.
Salary and benefits for this position will be based on First Baptist Church of Vancouver’s salary grid, derived from the guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (our denomination) and the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities.
Process for Applying
Please send cover letter, CV, and a brief biography to Trung Duong at email@example.com.
For questions or further information please contact Trung Duong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Application
March 15, 2021
Summer 2021 or earlier
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8262 ]