Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Associate Pastor, Youth & Worship
Associate Pastor, Youth & Worship
Scarborough, Ontario , M1P 2L7
Grace Place Info
Grace Place is an established church 60+ years with a diverse, multicultural and intergenerational congregation in Toronto’s inner suburb of Scarborough. We have a deep love for Jesus and a high view of Scripture, reflected in our vision statement: “we are a refuge of love and truth.” We are a church that believes in being Jesus’ hands and feet. Our major outreach ministry is a full-time food bank ministry serving 800+ people weekly. During Covid, we are operating with in-person Sunday worship alongside a concurrent online/phone option.
Our current staff consists of a Lead Pastor, Office Administrator, two food bank coordinators, part time Custodian and Children’s director. We are looking for a full-time Youth & Worship Associate Pastor to expand our team!
He will work closely and support the Lead Pastor to advance the vision of Grace Place by primarily leading worship on Sunday, prayer meetings and at other services as well as developing our youth to be followers of Jesus.
- Lead worship on Sunday mornings, weekly prayer meetings and for other services with a blended worship style (worship songs and hymns). Develop worshippers with a particular focus on the youth.
- Develop a ministry to disciple the church youth to develop a deep relationship with Jesus as well as build relationships with unchurched youth in our community (especially through relationships developed from the food bank ministry).
- Work as part of a team while developing and maintaining a professional and amicable relationship with the congregation, staff and elders.
- Support the Lead Pastor in overseeing the food bank ministry.
- Preach/teach at Sunday services (average once per month).
- Attend and assist leading prayer meetings.
- Attend/assist in leading a small group.
- Participate in pastoral duties e.g. hospital visits, bereavements, counselling.
- Be in agreement with Grace Place’s Statement of Faith
- Have a passion for Jesus and for evangelizing to the local community.
- Be able to relate to various family dynamics and challenges within families.
- Personable disposition that allows for working with a multicultural and intergenerational congregation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A spirit of humility, mercy and integrity to follow God’s leading without being authoritative.
- Be coachable and constantly seeking ways to improve and learn from others.
- To be perceptive and discerning with regards to tradition and change
- Able to expedite times of transition as smoothly and fluidly as possible.
- A knowledge of spiritual gifts especially his own and empower the congregation to understand and use their gifts.
- Ability to mentor future leaders (e.g. Paul with Timothy).
- Places his own family above the ministry.
- Meet the scriptural qualifications for Elder as set out in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
- 1-3 years of experience in ministry (e.g. Youth pastor, worship leader, Parachurch organization, Summer camp, etc.)
- Musical ability. Knowledge of piano/keyboard ideal, other instrument(s) an asset.
- Knowledge of contemporary Christian worship and hymns.
- Experience working in an urban/inner city environment
- Proven track record of being able to deliver compelling, relevant yet Scripturally sound teaching to young people.
- Minimum education requirement: Undergraduate degree in Biblical study or related field from an accredited institution.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Reports to the Lead Pastor and works in a team with the Board of Elders
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary, benefits & RRSP/TFSA matching.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8301 ]