Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Board Member – Legal/ Marketing/ HR
Board Member – Legal/ Marketing/ HR
Markham, Ontario , L3R 8G6
Are you a strategic thought-leader with experience working within a diverse organization or NGO? Would helping 700,000 children, youth and community members in 12 Countries, be of interest to you? Are you known to be a team player, detail oriented, and a creative thinker? Are you authentic and articulate? If this sounds like you, then you will want to apply to be a member of Children Believe Board of Directors.
For nearly 60 years, Children Believe has followed the example of Christ by serving the poor regardless of their faith, cultural, and ethnic background. Our mission is to create a future of hope for children, families, and communities around the world, by helping them develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty and pursue justice. Side by side with our colleagues across Asia, Africa, Central and Southern America, Children Believe has worked with children, communities, donors and other partners to change lives through our 5 program sectors: Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; Education; Sustainable Economic Growth; and Strengthening Community Organizations. For more information on Children Believe, please visit our website www.childrenbelieve.ca.
Children Believe is currently considering applicants for the following voluntary position:
Children Believe Board Members are responsible for providing overall governance, strategy and direction to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and are not involved in the daily operations of the organization. Children Believe Board of Directors has a legal obligation, to act in the best interest of stakeholders while overseeing the organization and its management. Some Board Members also sit on committees within various functional groups of the organization.
We are seeking two dynamic individuals with expertise in the following areas:
- Board governance/legal affairs
- Philanthropy/marketing strategies, including fund raising through various channels such as private, public, ethnic organizations; or
- Human Resources/governance
- Working knowledge of the Canadian non-profit sector and more specifically International NGO sector an asset;
- Know and support Children Believe mission, vision, values and strategic priorities;
- Come to meetings prepared, in a way that positively challenges Children Believe decision making;
- Commit to attending a meeting once per quarter; members of the corporation must commit to attending once per year.
- Actively contribute personal expertise and knowledge;
- Work collaboratively with others;
- Act as a champion for Children Believe and its work;
- Provide feedback in a timely fashion and follow up on commitments made;
- Actively participate in Children Believe activities, including fundraising and commitment to sponsoring a child;
- Knowledge of Board governance and risk practices;
- Good strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to listen to, understand, and analyze information to solve problems and make reasoned decisions;
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts and opinions;
- Ability to work as part of a team; and
- Must respect and deal with different perspectives and opinions.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills, attributes and passion for this position, then you will want to apply to the Nominating Committee of the Board of Directors by no later than January 15, 2020. Interested applicants must submit a covering letter along with a current curriculum vitae or relevant biography to the following:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: K Fonseth, Chair of Nominating Committee, Children Believe Board of Directors
- By mail:
Chair of Nominating Committee Board of Directors
1200 Denison St
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by the Nominating Committee.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 8323 ]