Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Academic Administrative Assistant
Academic Administrative Assistant
Otterburne, Manitoba , R0A 1G0
For nearly a century Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical
tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service.
Our vision is to become a leading Canadian Christ-centred university that transforms students
into leaders of knowledge, character, and faith to serve Christ in a changing world.
The Providence University College and Seminary campus is on 100 acres in southern Manitoba, 30 minutes south of Winnipeg.
Reporting to the Registrar and the Academic Dean of the University College, the Academic Administrative Assistant will directly contribute to the advancement of Providence’s mission by coordinating both external and internal funding opportunities for students and filling administrative needs in the Registrar’s Office, as well as filling administrative needs in the University College under the guidance of the Academic Dean.
Term position: January 18, 2021 – January 31, 2022
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Aid Responsibilities
- Respond to student emails quickly and efficiently;
- Maintain Scholarship/bursary lists (on website and internally);
- Send reminders of award due dates / loan dates;
- Approve Student loans (Canadian and American);
- Work with students whose student loans are late/missing forms;
- Keep on top of American FAFSA regulations/processes;
- Organize and file all Award applications that come in /Assess award applications;
- Host/chair Scholarship Committee meetings to choose award recipients in August and December;
- Work with External Relations on keeping awards up-to-date and providing student names for underwritten awards;
- Run reports to make sure all students are maintaining status for awards and loans (report those that fall to part time to the government);
- Attend Manitoba Financial Aid Meetings when able.
- Registrar's Office Support
- Create Transcript Requests;
- Assess Letter of Permission;
- Transfer of Credit Assessment letters;
- General filing;
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- University College Support
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Prepare documents for meetings
- Take detailed minutes in meetings
- Post minutes and documents to MS Teams
- Run reports on Populi
- Write and distributing emails, letters and forms
- Order and distributing office supplies
- Be a point of contact for a range of staff and faculty
- Find ways to improve administrative processes
- To be in good standing with a local church;
- An enthusiastic personal faith commitment;
- A commitment to Christian higher education and to Christian ministry;
- Affirm the Statement of Faith of Providence University College and Seminary as outlined in the Employment Handbook;
- Able and willing to uphold the Covenant of Community Life and model conduct accordingly.
Education & Qualifications
- High level of expertise in all areas of modern office practice and procedures;
- Proficient in MS Office 365;
- Proficient in Populi, Providence’s student management system, is an asset;
- University degree is an asset.
- Professionalism and adherence to ethical standards;
- Solution minded: Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Knowledge: Job requires someone that can easily troubleshoot and identify solutions;
- Communication: Excellent skills both oral and written and interpersonal communication; ability to move about campus and to interact with students, faculty, staff and external funding bodies, including federal and provincial government agencies;
- Initiative: Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges;
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations;
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing diverse work tasks;
- Ability to work independently: Follow through on multiple assignments in a timely manner, to coordinate and prioritize a variety of diverse tasks;
- Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, integrity, diplomacy, professionalism, and tact;
- Organizational Skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities;
- Adaptability: Flexible, resilient;
- Team member: Foster teamwork, working cooperatively and effectively to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted start date for position: January 18, 2021
- Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the application process will be contacted.
- Questions regarding this position can be sent by email to email@example.com
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8334 ]