Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Family Life Pastor - Kids' Specialist
Family Life Pastor - Kids' Specialist
St. Catharines, Ontario , L2T 3J6
Southridge Community Church is seeking to hire a full-time (40hrs/week) Family Life Pastor.
- Character – It is expected that all paid staff demonstrate the spiritual maturity required to effectively serve as Christ-expressive examples for others to follow and to function as servant leaders in the Spirit of Christ. As well, because of the spiritual nature of the church’s work, it is expected that they would continue to nurture and deepen their personal relationship with Jesus Christ in a way that increasingly relies on His Holy Spirit’s guidance, power and protection.
- Chemistry – It is expected that all paid staff effectively contribute to fostering increasingly healthy team dynamics so that the ministry’s full potential may be realized. In staff, volunteer and congregational settings, it is expected that they would proactively encourage others and reactively resolve conflict in ways that seek to build and strengthen the unity of the Body and Bride of Christ.
- Competency – It is expected that all paid staff develop and exercise their spiritual gifts to their full potential. It is also expected that paid staff serve in positions that align with their areas of strength, and that their staff position multiplies the ministry capacity of the church through the leadership of others. Particularly, paid staff are expected to effectively perform the following ministry functions:
- Promote the vision and direction of their area of ministry
- Provide support for the leaders and volunteers in their area of ministry
- Culture – It is expected that all paid staff emulate, articulate, and enhance the unique DNA of the Southridge community, committing unconditionally to loving, supporting, unifying, and spiritually accounting for our church family. It is expected that the staff culture is promoted through active engagement in the three dimensions of a fully devoted lifestyle of following Christ.
In the position of Family Life Pastor – Kid’s Specialist specific expectations include:
Family Life Pastor – Kids Specialist (Centralized - all three locations)
- Develop and implement a strategy to spiritually develop kids from birth to grade 5 through a coaching structure of volunteer leaders and ministry team members across all of our Southridge locations
- Establish a growing partnership with parents where our Kid’s Ministry supports them to be the primary champions in their children’s lives
- Oversee, build and grow Nursery & Pre-School (Little Lights), and SK – Grade 5 (Movers and Shakers) programs that effectively partner with parents to stimulate the spiritual development of kids
- Train, equip and develop volunteer teams in each location to model and invite kids into a lifestyle of full devotion in age appropriate ways (vibrant spirituality, in community, making a difference), with a particular emphasis on missional Christianity consistent with our adult church
Family Life Location Leader (Decentralized – Welland location)
- Drive all of the primary programs designed to support families in the location
- Recruit and support volunteer teams to drive the Family Ministry programs in the location
- Champion our Family Ministry values for all age groups across the location
- Partner with the location leader to develop a plan to effectively partner with, serve and care for families at the location
- Work with the other family life pastors to cohesively implement our discipleship plan for ages 0-18 at the location
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8336 ]