Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Office and Human Resources Manager
Office and Human Resources Manager
Guelph, Ontario , N1C 0A1
For more than 75 years, Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) has been utilizing aviation and technology to reach isolated communities in the farthest corners of the earth. Today, we partner with over 2,000 organizations in 27 countries to deliver help, hope, healing, spiritual care, and community development to thousands of communities where flying is not a luxury, but a lifeline.
MAF Canada is searching for a skilled and passionate Office/HR Manager who will provide leadership to our home office, and human resource operations. Key areas of responsibility will include oversight of all human resource functions and activities while maintaining alignment with all federal, and provincial employment legislation. This individual will also provide oversight and responsibility for guest reception, building security, cleaning and maintenance, and all organizational learning and development activity.
Tim Bax, VP of International HR & Member Care
Provides Leadership To:
- Office and Ministry Partnership Administrative Assistant
- Learning and Development Coordinator
- Oversee all HR operations, functions and procedures through MAFC’s Human Resources Management System.
- Produce and maintain all employee contracts and secondment agreements, and circulate all necessary documentation to stakeholders.
- Advise and assist management in the interpretation and administration of organizational policies, procedures and best HR practices.
- Oversee search processes for new hires (creating job descriptions, postings, resume reviews, interviews, background and reference checks etc.)
- Provide leadership to MAFC’s performance management process.
- Maintain currency of organizational charts, handbooks, policies and personnel files, and ensure all policies and procedures are in alignment with relevant employment legislation.
- Oversee annual budgets for HR, travel, and general office supplies.
- Coordinate staff meetings, staff socials, and staff recognition functions.
- Provide oversight and direction the Learning and Development Coordinator.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Office and Ministry Partnership Administrative Assistant to ensure effective management of guest reception, customer service, phone and teleconferencing systems, in and outbound mail, as well as building maintenance, cleaning and security.
- Provide general oversight of home office staff to monitor alignment with MAFC’s Mission, Vision, Organizational Values and Community Standards
- Additional duties as assigned
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Innovative thinking
- Learning agility
- Certificate in Human Resource Management or equivalent HR experience
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ethical integrity and the ability to handle sensitive/private information with tact and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Clear police record and vulnerable sector check
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation
- General understanding of basic finance and accounting functions
- Working from MAFC’s home office in Guelph Monday-Friday (9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Occasional requirement to travel domestically and internationally
Salary & Benefits:
MAFC offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position, starting April 1, 2021.
Deadline for Application:
Interested individuals should submit resume with cover letter no later than January 31, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to changing COVID restrictions, this role may require working from home for a period of time
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8351 ]